Bad injector(s) cause stalling?

Alfie

Reaction score
U can try unplugging one sensor at a time that has vref and see when a particular sensor is disconnected and never stalls.

This is assuming there is a short in a sensor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
Took it to another ford tech he hooked up the laptop drove it got it to stall looked over the whole truck said its definitely a short in the engine harness told me to pull it and examine the whole harness carefully.He seemed certain of it.

Alfie

Reaction score
It's hard to say if its a harness issue or a sensor. What did he see? Usually when I see a truck stall due to a short in vref. I unhook a vref sensor one at a time til I get the sensor that is causing it. This of course after I do a wiggle test on the hole harness. Start with ICP sensor then EBP. These are the usually suspect.

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
You know I'm not sure exactly what all he saw I know I looked at the screen once and he was looking at injector balance, we drove it a while and he said everything looks good on it funny though I haven't had it stall once when icp is unplugged.

Alfie

Reaction score
Mmmm well drive it for awhile and make sure it doesn't. If all is good install an ICP. Ill dig through the shop and see if we have a known good one laying around.

Stroker04

Reaction score
The 05-07 model ICP sensors rarely go bad..kind of weird to see yours take a dump. I believe I have a good ICP sensor off my truck if you don't Alfie. I'll have to check tomorrow to be positive though.

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
I don't know if it's a harness issue because I find it odd if I let the truck idle for 5 minutes I guarantee it will stall as soon as you hit the accelerator and let off if falls on its face

Latest posts

Members online