03 f350 will not start

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Just a little update for everyone. Found out Matt's truck had a bad hpop. Replaced that, and did a egr delete, and a new cooler to eliminate the 50° delta. But, that was to no avail seeing as the last shop that put the battery's, and glow plugs in used autolite plugs instead of ford plugs. Scorched num 1 to the point of only having 200 psi on a compression check. Working with the other shop to get him taken care of. Hopefully they man up......

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

How does a glow plug create more heat than diesel combustion??

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Let me rephrase that, what about the autolite plug causes the damage? I was sitting in a ford class when I posted that and the instructor had never heard of it.

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
Let me rephrase that, what about the autolite plug causes the damage? I was sitting in a ford class when I posted that and the instructor had never heard of it.

It's something about there tips that they don't hold up in the fords. Well known that they will fracture tips off, or in this case it started to decintagrate in the combustion chamber. As those pieces are bouncing around in the chamber it gets ugly fast. This one started hot spotting the crown in a couple places looking at it with a bore scope through the glow plug hole. The picture below is of one of Matt's (lower plug) after less than 500 miles, and one out of an '04 we studded with over 104,000 (upper plug). Need to get a better picture to show the deterioration on the end, but you get the
aefc7600-7cc2-3f5c.jpg
idea.
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online