08 f-250 Cummins swap

TheBigDeOGE

Reaction score
yeah me and peter see everybody's point. it was just an idea. thanks for the input guess he will just have to deal with a v8...lol

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
If you are not very familiar with doing conversions on 08 (08's being the easy ones. 09-10 are more tricky) and up SD. You are asking for major electrical head aches.

Lets just say that after mine was stolen I've elected to mod my 6.4. By the time you factor in down time, the cost of the conversion and building the motor and trans. You can make a very sturdy and powerful 6.4.

Im not saying dont do it. But make damn sure its the way you want to go.

Good luck with the swap

Powerstroke586

Reaction score
If you are not very familiar with doing conversions on 08 (08's being the easy ones. 09-10 are more tricky) and up SD. You are asking for major electrical head aches.

Lets just say that after mine was stolen I've elected to mod my 6.4. By the time you factor in down time, the cost of the conversion and building the motor and trans. You can make a very sturdy and powerful 6.4.

Im not saying dont do it. But make damn sure its the way you want to go.

Good luck with the swap

What makes the 09-10's tricky? just curious.

I do agree with everybody else just keep the 6.4 and do the appropriate upgrades, much cheaper in the long run.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
3 months minimum if you have your **** together. I was 6 weeks over due because of a back order on a specific part.

There was a update on some electronics on the dash cluster for the gear selection that if not done properly creates com problems with the ECM/PCM/TCM.

GOS performance spent over 40hrs trying to get one to communicate properly. And conversions are their specialty.

me2

Reaction score
What makes the 09-10's tricky? just curious.
The chassis needs a lot of CAN messages from the engine and transmission to work properly. Air bags, braking system, ABS, etc, all need CAN messages. Its pretty tightly integrated, but not impossible.

I stand corrected on FFs truck. I thought it was an 06. Its an 08.

me2

Reaction score
I do agree with everybody else just keep the 6.4 and do the appropriate upgrades, much cheaper in the long run.

My 08 started running poorly. Took it in, shavings in the fuel system. HPFP failing. It got an entirely new fuel system under warranty at the dealer. Warranty cost, $10K.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
you do know that a common rail cummins is a... common rail too and will cost just as much to replace all the fuel system parts if that happens?

Cobra 19 & 54

Reaction score
I'm $12k into my conversion now, and it's not done. I foresee another$2k before she's dyno'd. In the end if not more reliable, and more hp's, I'm gonna buy Yugo and hate myself for cheap.

me2

Reaction score
you do know that a common rail cummins is a... common rail too and will cost just as much to replace all the fuel system parts if that happens?

CP3s are pretty tough compared to what Ford runs on the 6.4s.

me2

Reaction score
Really:confused: I'd like to see some data on that one.

Just look at the replacement record on CP3s versus the HPFP on a Ford 6.4.

At 99,500 miles my 6.4 went into the dealer with smoke issues. It came out with an entirely new fuel system, under warranty. Show me a single Cummins CR that has needed that treatment.

Dzchey21

Reaction score

At 99,500 miles my 6.4 went into the dealer with smoke issues. It came out with an entirely new fuel system, under warranty. Show me a single Cummins CR that has needed that treatment.

I've seen it quiet a few times actually.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

jdgleason

Reaction score

I've seen it quiet a few times actually.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

:whs:

There are just a many cp3 failures.

Members online

No members online now.