'08-up with a 6.0?

protraxrptr17

Reaction score
Nobody has really gave me any answers on what I really need to know. Hell, i even got sidetracked in my own thread and forgot what my original intention was.

Wiring and such. Pcm working with the other controllers. I havent spent much time on the newer trucks yet, so I dont know. Still alot of em under factory warranty. Transmission control. Thats the discussion i was looking for. I dont really give a damn how much you love your 6.4. I dont need any help on decision making or financial advice. I thought this topic would be more compelling than swapping grilles or mirrors and all that stuff that my 7 year old could do by himself. I have built alot of badass toys over the years by doing stuff that others said was too much trouble or a complete waste of time.

09stroker

Reaction score
With enough time and money you can sway anything into anything. Off te top of my head you would need the engine PCM tcm wire harness dashboard different fuel pump and you would need to fab up some intercooler pipes

MorganY

Reaction score
I want to swap in 08 interior, there was a thread saying on PSN that the dash bolts right up to the 05-07 models. Sorry for the derail. you can make it happen with wiring harnesses and such like 09stroker said. I love cool projects like these.

The only thing is you would have to find some way for all of extra chit on the 6.4 PCM to match up to the 6.0 motor and what not for the 6.4 PCM to operate correctly? Or if you use the existing 6.0 computer, the instrument panel may be a tad difficult to work properly?

Correct me if I am wrong, I'm interested in the swap

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Woah easy there. not from anyone on here. I have spoke to 3 Ford diesel techs at Champion Ford in Katy, Team Navasota Ford, and Varsity Ford in college station, just shooting sh*ts and they mentioned 6.4 bottom end issues, granted 6.0s have their own issues on the bottom end too..

1000? must not last long, that goes for any 1000 hp stock bottom end

the whole "diesel tech" thing drives me nuts...

your average dealership "diesel tech" doesn't know their ass from a hole in the ground, but everybody knows a "diesel tech" who said this or that and they take it as gospel :eek:

protraxrptr17

Reaction score

your average dealership "diesel tech" doesn't know their ass from a hole in the ground, but everybody knows a "diesel tech" who said this or that and they take it as gospel :eek:

^^^This. Hate it when somebody quotes a "diesel tech" in my presence.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
another good one coming from the dodge diesel world is so-and-so "who works at Cummins" said _______

no mention if they're an engineer or a janitor... just that they work at Cummins

Rmartin-97

Reaction score
My dad has an 07 6.0 with 35000 miles with sticky injectors, second set of hg,2nd egr valve and 2nd turbo.plus it wont shift when on a wide open run. My 09 6.4 with 40000 miles not one issue yet. And had a clear oasis.

protraxrptr17

Reaction score
My dad has an 07 6.0 with 35000 miles with sticky injectors, second set of hg,2nd egr valve and 2nd turbo.plus it wont shift when on a wide open run. My 09 6.4 with 40000 miles not one issue yet. And had a clear oasis.

Wow, thats alot of miles. :bowfast:

Snake

Reaction score
Nobody has really gave me any answers on what I really need to know. Hell, i even got sidetracked in my own thread and forgot what my original intention was.

Wiring and such. Pcm working with the other controllers. I havent spent much time on the newer trucks yet, so I dont know. Still alot of em under factory warranty. Transmission control. Thats the discussion i was looking for. I dont really give a damn how much you love your 6.4. I dont need any help on decision making or financial advice. I thought this topic would be more compelling than swapping grilles or mirrors and all that stuff that my 7 year old could do by himself. I have built alot of badass toys over the years by doing stuff that others said was too much trouble or a complete waste of time.

Sounds like you have it all figured out. Good luck with the conversion, and keep us updated on your progress.

Snake

Reaction score

My "diesel tech" is also one of my best friends and I tend to believe that the answers he gives to my questions are credible. If he was some jackazz that didn't know his azz from a hole in the ground, I wouldn't bother saying anything.

Look around in the parking lot of the dealerships with good techs, and take note of the trucks they're driving. At least in my area, they're not 6.4's.

Last edited:

MorganY

Reaction score
My "diesel tech" is also one of my best friends and I tend to believe that the answers he gives to my questions are credible. If he was some jackazz that didn't know his azz from a hole in the ground, I wouldn't bother saying anything.

agreed. Yes, there are some unqualified diesel techs, but not every dealership down the interstate..I have 'master' diesel techs who are my close friends who deal with these vehicles 6 days a week.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score

Look around in the parking lot of the dealerships with good techs, and take note of the trucks they're driving. At least in my area, they're not 6.4's.

Something I notice alot.