13-16 Spartan tuning

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
No noticable trans issues on the 15's yet with all the torture testing?

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Will you have different stage tunes available? You've mentioned the 560whp and 600whp tunes so far. Like a mild/tow, medium/street and aggressive/race? Personally I'm looking for something that adds some power but don't want to sacrafice reliability.

Yes. There are a wide range I have available(about 25, actually) varying to only about 25hp over stock, up to the large race tunes. I'm currently in the process of deciding which ones will go to production, because there are just too many.

I'll post final levels within a week or two.

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
No noticable trans issues on the 15's yet with all the torture testing?

As you already know, the C35 clutch is a bit weaker than in the old ones. There's no difference in feel or shift time on the 2-3 shift, however the 4-5 is a more sluggish shift than the previous years, taking about 600ms to complete the shift vs around 375 previously.

That shift takes place around 80mph at WOT, so luckily it doensn't occur under full torque load except during prolonged WOT runs. Despite having had no issues with excessive slippage in testing, I couldn't expect that clutch pack to last forever if you are beating the **** out of it over a prolonged period. This one has endured the last couple of months fine, and fluid still looks good.

ETA- as soon as time allows, it is on my agenda to pull the transmission from my main test truck and install an earlier model C35 clutch. Will make custom file sets for guys who want to upgrade that single pack to the earlier model.

Last edited:

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Yes. We will offer files to accommodate the 2015 turbo as well as the additional fuel provided by the 2015 injection pump for those that make that switch too.

gwNNraa.jpg

FordPSD64

Reaction score
Going back to that comment about poor customer service, I would just like to personally say I had yalls tuning on my 6.4 and talked to Jeff quite frequently. I ran the dog **** outta that truck and never had an issue after 45k miles of it being tuned. Jeff was always great and helped me if I ever had a question (which I always have questions). So on that note, I would have no problem going back to a spartan product and I'm very curious to see what comes of this and I might be making a switch as well.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Going back to that comment about poor customer service, I would just like to personally say I had yalls tuning on my 6.4 and talked to Jeff quite frequently. I ran the dog **** outta that truck and never had an issue after 45k miles of it being tuned. Jeff was always great and helped me if I ever had a question (which I always have questions). So on that note, I would have no problem going back to a spartan product and I'm very curious to see what comes of this and I might be making a switch as well.

^^^that was my experience as well over the coarse of my 6.4 and 2011 6.7. Always great.

That's what's we strive for! Thanks for the feedback guys!

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
Anyone have an idea on pricing yet? Might be up to selling my x4 and cts2! Can't wait to see how this tuning performs, have you guys tested it with full deletes? Check engine light on or off with the ccv reroute? I didn't see it stated that the truck had the cooler completely removed and ccv rerouted.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Wow that's blazing fast, any idea if the DD XL will get a new firmware update? also does the NdDsh flash faster than the XL or is it the same time?

I'll let Matt elaborate more on this.

Anyone have an idea on pricing yet? Might be up to selling my x4 and cts2! Can't wait to see how this tuning performs, have you guys tested it with full deletes? Check engine light on or off with the ccv reroute? I didn't see it stated that the truck had the cooler completely removed and ccv rerouted.

We'll probably have pricing set a week before release. I assume by full deletes you mean DPF and EGR? If so, the files we release will be DPF/EGR delete capable. As far as the CCV reroute, we haven't tested one but any codes related to that can be shut off if need be.

What hp numbers are you seeing with the 11-14 model trucks?!

500 give or take a little (obviously some people believe that's on the high end). The files we've had for the 2011-12 trucks aren't really changed in the power department, although Matt said he has found an additional 10 HP or so for the WarHammer file. The biggest changes for the 2011-12 files will be the transmission strategy, bug fixes, and more options (like files for the 2015 turbo swap).

O4ep3civ

Reaction score
Can't wait to get my hands on this since I've tried every tuning option out there for the 2015. Put me 1st on your waiting list! Seriously! I'm not happy with what I've tried so far.

Sent from the front seat of my rocket ship

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Final pricing to come soon.

CCV and intake codes have already been taken care of on race tuning.

As far as orders, I'll let everyone know as soon as we are ready to start accepting pre-orders. I would expect sometime around the second week in August, at this point.

theplumber

Reaction score
Can't wait to have a tuner whit the SOTF for my truck !!! Even if i have to wait a little bit more for the software release.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
Only thing with SOTF, is the trans needs to relearn for the tune you change, correct? Had a 7.3 before, so I'm new to this smart trans stuff. How long do you drive nice and easy, before you can run it hard?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online