1995 cclb restoration and build

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
esa4uvyr.jpg

ajynazur.jpg

u6uryru2.jpg

Got a bunch of stuff in. -10 push loc, aeromotive a1000, all the fittings and tork tek to do my fuel system. Also stainless 2.25" 14g t409 to build my header. Waiting on a few more things then I can start putting it together to do first startup!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Just been putzin on the wiring a little and the fuel system is done. That's about it. Been workin on the mud truck mostly!

pease

Reaction score
great build! would love to do something similar one day. just finished reading the whole thread and was wondering; would the dana 60 and sterling not have held up to the dt360, or did you just do the upgrade since your going for +++hp? When I go for this it won't be a hotrod, more concerned about the almighty mpgs. cant wait to see more! need more pictures

Gypsy99

Reaction score
Subscribed. Great project. Please give details on converting the Super 60 to 8 X 6.5. Very interested in this part of the build. Thanks.

wvmudder

Reaction score
Nice Build! I gotta ask, where did you get your valve springs from? I'm trying to find some for a DT408/466 so I can run 4k governor springs. Its like beating my head off a friggin wall.

Oh yeah, what are you using for tranny controller or did I miss that in an earlier post?

Thanks, Dave S.

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Pease... I went with the different axles for weight rating and overall strength. The stock Dana 60 is rated at 4500 pounds and the super is rated at 7000. 04 and older Dana 60s are 30 spline and 05+ are 35 spline! That and the sterling axle won't support the power and I wanted a wider, disk brake rear axle. I may even change this one out for my Dana 110 rear.

Gypsy99... if I still convert it, I will be using Branik Motorsports billet 8x6.5 hubs and redrilling 04 and older f450/f550 rotors to 8x6.5.

Wvmudder... are you asking for gsk? If so you can crank up the gsks in your stock pump for 4k. I'm running a p7100 with 4k gsk turned up to 43 or 4500. Stock valve springs are good for 4k rpm

Last edited:

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Just a little update, I had it running last night! Definitely sounds healthy and very responsive. I have more I need to do before I will post a video!

jcarrick

Reaction score
Nice work man. I am planning on doing a DT360 in an 08 super duty. Would love to pick your brain about the swap!

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Trans is currently out for a rebuild... Converting it to a 6spd instead of a 5spd while it's out. Getting a Suncoast gmax 5-3 kit, all billet shafts, billet c2 hub and billet p2. Tony Burkhart 6spd valve body, 6spd tcm, internal wiring, tap shifter and nsbu (making it a true 6spd!) Got rid of the compounds and putting in a set of triples, removed hvac to make room, and some other stuff goin on. Not sure yet on a converter

08strokin

Reaction score
Trans is currently out for a rebuild... Converting it to a 6spd instead of a 5spd while it's out. Getting a Suncoast gmax 5-3 kit, all billet shafts, billet c2 hub and billet p2. Tony Burkhart 6spd valve body, 6spd tcm, internal wiring, tap shifter and nsbu (making it a true 6spd!) Got rid of the compounds and putting in a set of triples, removed hvac to make room, and some other stuff goin on. Not sure yet on a converter

Sweet man looking forward to more updates

BrandonMag

Reaction score
Within a week I'll have a DT360 to shoehorn in to a 1985 cclb 4X4 dually F350. I like your build. You have some great ideas I'm going to use. :toast:
Any progress lately?

BrandonMag

Reaction score
I got the DT360 and an Eaton 3053A tranny.
I'm looking for some more specific information. I sent swamp_ratt a PM about a month ago and haven't heard anything. Is he still active on any boards?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Just read the whole thread. Sounds like an awesome build man! Any progress?

Within a week I'll have a DT360 to shoehorn in to a 1985 cclb 4X4 dually F350. I like your build. You have some great ideas I'm going to use. :toast:
Any progress lately?

I got the DT360 and an Eaton 3053A tranny.
I'm looking for some more specific information. I sent swamp_ratt a PM about a month ago and haven't heard anything. Is he still active on any boards?
no progress and he is a hermit....

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
i just txt him.. he cant log on and sounds like the truck is going to be a mud truck of some sort with tall tractor tires.. trucks gone wild style i think... lol

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online