2011 6.7 with a 2015 turbo.....

Reaction score
Morgan, hows the throttle response for daily driver compared to the 11-14s tuned and deleted? Also, what kind of boost pressure and EGTS were you seeing? It was tough to tell in the video

farmin powerstroke

Reaction score
I picked the truck up this morning and have been running around town getting parts and whatnot most of the morning. The truck has way more power that it did. It has no problem breaking the tires loose from a roll, and has way more pick up and go. It way more fun to drive, and drivability is about the same. The thing sounds cool as hell too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Reaction score
Throttle response is the same, we didn't change anything with the tuning. It does spool slower, but that was already expected going from the 40mm 11-14 turbo to this. The tuning is fine as it is. There is however a little room for improvement with the vane strategy off idle. It's up to the consumer if they want to leave it or get custom tuning.

On a 100mph run it was around 32 psi and 1300 deg with out any tuning changes.

RedRice589

Reaction score
Throttle response is the same, we didn't change anything with the tuning. It does spool slower, but that was already expected going from the 40mm 11-14 turbo to this. The tuning is fine as it is. There is however a little room for improvement with the vane strategy off idle. It's up to the consumer if they want to leave it or get custom tuning.

On a 100mph run it was around 32 psi and 1300 deg with out any tuning changes.

Hmmm.........

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
Would love to see a WOT run directly off idle. No rolling into it. Rolling into it is very subjective IMO.

Reaction score
Would love to see a WOT run directly off idle. No rolling into it. Rolling into it is very subjective IMO.

It's not my truck and it's out if my possession now. If the owner wants to post one then he can.

But as you or anyone already knows (or don't, if you've not drove a '15 or have a kit on a running 11-14 truck) they have less off idle spool. Because they are not as small and quick to light as the 11-14 chargers. But it comes on hard enough that I didn't want to hurt anything so I rolled into it. Especially with no relearn time on the trans.

Fwiw, just holding 2000 RPMs in neutral it makes 2 psi of boost with no load.

I'll see, if he brings it by this week, if we can go get a video.

Reaction score
Fwiw I do think vane position tweaking will help the true potential come out. But for the sake of pure true results we will be dynoing as it sits before any extra tuning is made.

Scheduled for the 8th to be on a dyno. Couldn't get in next week.

mattmal9

Reaction score
Fwiw I do think vane position tweaking will help the true potential come out. But for the sake of pure true results we will be dynoing as it sits before any extra tuning is made.

With some custom tuning and the fuel capability of dual pumps, where do you see this turbo maxing out power wise? I know you said you weren't going to release any info on the other kits, but how much more could you possibly expect out of the billet kit? Awesome work by the way!

Reaction score
I'm hoping right now it's will be close to 500. Basing that from the 426 it previously dynoed. Which is about 50hp shy of a 300hp tuned 6.4 they usually run in the 550 range on the superflow we use.

This one is the billet turbo. We will dyno billet vs cast at some point. But I don't see it making much more than a tuned 6.4 with extra fuel before it is in it's danger zone. That will be for the larger vgt that will come later. It would be nice to make 600 with a drop in and bigger pump.

mattmal9

Reaction score

Did the truck make it on the dyno today? Sorry to seem impatient just curious how the truck did.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Don't they know there are people on the internet waiting. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online