2014 Diesel Power Challenge...Whose entering

jdgleason

Reaction score
I am beyond disappointed that JD did not make it in. I guess no one voted for him because he doesn't have a 12" hood stack and green flames down the side claiming they add 1200hp to the truck.

As far as the other pics go... I think that the cummins and Chevy guys got together to sabotage our ford picks of the competition. No offense to Dan, but I have no idea how he is going to spool that truck.. But, We shall see.

LOL I said the same thing! Not enough smoke in my pics brah

MINK

Reaction score
Why in the sam hell would you enter a truck on 38's in the DPC on an unproven platform.

FFS, we knew Erik's truck made power on 37's and it was geared right

The smartest move Dan could do would be to lower that thing to 33-35's and a leveling kit and actually try to win it, because with the set up on it, I'd love to see how he plans to sled pull it..

He will pull it the same way Erik and the rest of the Ford camp...foot buried and hope it doesn't hop...the track blows

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Why in the sam hell would you enter a truck on 38's in the DPC on an unproven platform.

FFS, we knew Erik's truck made power on 37's and it was geared right

The smartest move Dan could do would be to lower that thing to 33-35's and a leveling kit and actually try to win it, because with the set up on it, I'd love to see how he plans to sled pull it..

Don't you know that nothing ever goes wrong with a new build?

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
He will pull it the same way Erik and the rest of the Ford camp...foot buried and hope it doesn't hop...the track blows

I was referring to what gear is going to even remotely be close with a 6r140 and 3.55's with 38s.. 5th Low? Lol. At least with Erik 4Hi First and 4.30-4.56 is probable, just not as fast as some would like to have

Nothing about this set up is going to make a dent. Maybe if he put 4.30 in the truck it would at least be closer

Don't you know that nothing ever goes wrong with a new build?

You stop all that nonsense Lol.

swinky

Reaction score
Shilos truck is just gonna spool like garbage.

Posted from ***itville, USA

I don't think so. They'll have it worked out by then. I don't think he'd be retarded enough to try and run a setup that spools slow at sea level at that high of an altitude.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
We know they don't...and it's not that I disagree with your bashing but at the same time you don t know that it wont work either..

Oh I'm not bashing anyone. I just stated that idk how well it will work at that altitude. But none of us do. Just like I had no idea how mine would do when we were building it. Best of luck to all the guys. It just kills me that so many people these days just throw the biggest chargers available on in order to make the fastest truck.. There is much more to it than that.

dsberman94

Reaction score
I don't think so. They'll have it worked out by then. I don't think he'd be retarded enough to try and run a setup that spools slow at sea level at that high of an altitude.

Didn't think anyone would be retarded enough to enter half the trucks they did either.

But seriously think about it. I'm gonna say atleast 60% of the people that vote just go "ooooo that looks nice" or "those numbers are bigger than the rest." the other percentage actually looks at what they're running for chargers and injectables and electronics and the build and built by who and tuned by who and all the other aspects other than looks and numbers.
Basically what happened with shilos truck is everyone saw huge numbers and a pretty color. Didn't think about how weight = traction for the sled pull or how the truck is so light its gonna have a hard time controlling that trailer. Or even the fact that that truck has probably never even seen a trailer and has never seen a sled. It's gonna win the dyno and maybe the mpg, and possibly the drag if they get that figured out in time with the mpg and drag having a high probability of just a higher placing and not first. but everything else it's gonna suck. There's just too much power and not enough truck for half the events.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Yeah, like lots of nitrous bottles.

Garrett

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Keep in mind. There is no girdle in that motor and there really is no telling how strong the block is. Get too happy with that spray and we may even get to see a Carrillo come out and say hi!

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
Didn't think anyone would be retarded enough to enter half the trucks they did either.

But seriously think about it. I'm gonna say atleast 60% of the people that vote just go "ooooo that looks nice" or "those numbers are bigger than the rest." the other percentage actually looks at what they're running for chargers and injectables and electronics and the build and built by who and tuned by who and all the other aspects other than looks and numbers.
Basically what happened with shilos truck is everyone saw huge numbers and a pretty color. Didn't think about how weight = traction for the sled pull or how the truck is so light its gonna have a hard time controlling that trailer. Or even the fact that that truck has probably never even seen a trailer and has never seen a sled. It's gonna win the dyno and maybe the mpg, and possibly the drag if they get that figured out in time with the mpg and drag having a high probability of just a higher placing and not first. but everything else it's gonna suck. There's just too much power and not enough truck for half the events.

Is this all speculation based on your observations or are you relating any of what you said to actual personal experience?

Garrett

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

swinky

Reaction score
If he can drive it will do fine in all the events with a trailer hooked up. Idk why you think you need a heavy truck to pull a trailer down the strip or a little course. I do agree he's at a disadvantage but nothing a driver can't make up for.

That being said I seriously doubt he is proficient at backing a trailer but I wouldn't count him out. His tire choice will be more crucial than anybody else's imo

dsberman94

Reaction score
I've been in trucks that couldn't control their trailer because the truck was too light. I can drag a ccsb duramax across a parking lot with a chain which we brought down to traction via weight. He had more power and the same size tires. Even dragged an extended cab cummins dually that same night just to prove it was the weight because he had more tire touching the ground. Also I've pulled a heavy trailer and gotten to hot on the throttle off the line and just spun tires as these guys will be doing. And it's human nature to vote for the thing that looks pretty with a bigger number than it's is to step back and look at the facts.

dsberman94

Reaction score
If he can drive it will do fine in all the events with a trailer hooked up. Idk why you think you need a heavy truck to pull a trailer down the strip or a little course. I do agree he's at a disadvantage but nothing a driver can't make up for.

That being said I seriously doubt he is proficient at backing a trailer but I wouldn't count him out. His tire choice will be more crucial than anybody else's imo

I'm not saying it has to be a big truck to tow a trailer. I'm saying weight is going to be a large factor in him getting of the line quicker with it.

dsberman94

Reaction score
I'm not saying it has to be a big truck to tow a trailer. I'm saying weight is going to be a large factor in him getting of the line quicker with it. Also the trailer is going to be pushing while trying to stop

OBS F350

Reaction score
I've been in trucks that couldn't control their trailer because the truck was too light. I can drag a ccsb duramax across a parking lot with a chain which we brought down to traction via weight. He had more power and the same size tires. Even dragged an extended cab cummins dually that same night just to prove it was the weight because he had more tire touching the ground. Also I've pulled a heavy trailer and gotten to hot on the throttle off the line and just spun tires as these guys will be doing. And it's human nature to vote for the thing that looks pretty with a bigger number than it's is to step back and look at the facts.

So winning 2 pull offs makes you an expert?

backwoodsboy

Reaction score

You spun the tires hooked to a trailer in a 7.3 with a weak HPOP?

If you wanna blow smoke go hack a dart.

Latest posts

Members online