2014 DPC bs thread

Wayne

Reaction score
Sweet! :flush: Time for a stock converter to survive the rest of the event. limp mode dpc finish. That's the crappy thing about minimal testing prior to the challenge.

*edit that would be awesome if you're right Tadd. New t-case seal and away we go. That sounds a lot better than a destroyed converter

Last edited:

bluedevilslax

Reaction score
Sweet! :flush: Time for a stock converter to survive the rest of the event. limp mode dpc finish. That's the crappy thing about minimal testing prior to the challenge

Wayne if Bentleys converter can hold up to everything they put that truck through for breaking point, why not another one?

bluedevilslax

Reaction score
There is a big difference between a converter holding on a dyno and one holding while racing through the 1/8th with a bobcat in tow.

Oh believe me I know that I was just speculating since nobody has put the stock converter to the test in any of those situations that I know of.

Ryan is on the rollers now.

Wayne

Reaction score
Wayne if Bentleys converter can hold up to everything they put that truck through for breaking point, why not another one?

I bet Dan's converter has already survived more than Bentley's truck as far as stress goes. Maybe somebody at elite could clarify, but I thought they added clutches and changed the stall speed. On top of that, breaking point is all about impressing the minions, so you can figure they used corrected numbers where ATS's numbers uncorrected are about as stingy as they come.

dieselpower

Reaction score
Maybe this is a dumb idea but why not just load a different lower HP tune to hopefully help out the stock converter? We all know it doesn't take 1k hp to win this anyway. A stock one might (heavy on the might) have a chance at 700hp. I realize with the charger setup, etc., that it would probably be pretty hard to do though.

MINK

Reaction score
Maybe this is a dumb idea but why not just load a different lower HP tune to hopefully help out the stock converter? We all know it doesn't take 1k hp to win this anyway. A stock one might (heavy on the might) have a chance at 700hp. I realize with the charger setup, etc., that it would probably be pretty hard to do though.

If it's hurt, it's hurt.

Latest posts

Members online