2015 PIP tune issues

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
Dead stop, hit 10psi at 2500rpm taking off. Pedal to the floor. I have stage 2 no limit intake, Midwests stainless intake piping kit, and a 4-5" exhaust. Running v7 pip street tune. Zero smoke. Runs like crazy once it spools though!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 88

charles henson

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
More or less stuck with a turd,darn we could of had a real turbo diesel but instead a powerjoke,just don't try and run anyone maybe they'll believe all the hype ford put out on these 15's & wont want to run therefore making us look bad and maybe by 2020 there will be a solution,more like this turd will be allocated to barn yard work lol.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Are you always an idiot? These are 12 second capable trucks in tuned and deleted form.

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
More or less stuck with a turd,darn we could of had a real turbo diesel but instead a powerjoke,just don't try and run anyone maybe they'll believe all the hype ford put out on these 15's & wont want to run therefore making us look bad and maybe by 2020 there will be a solution,more like this turd will be allocated to barn yard work lol.

It's nothing close to a turd. It'll just annihilate the tires, that was in 4wd so I could get a steady figure. On extreme with a built trans it would be insane I do believe, I'm just not going to run mine on extreme much until I save up for the transmission. I have ran it on extreme and walked on a tuned and deleted 6.4 with a built trans. So that's that I do believe, but yes they are laggy on lower tune levels.

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
Hell, if he doesn't like a powerstroke, let him find out the hard way and buy another truck LOL. I can't wait to put a 15 turbo or something else on my 12

20156point7

Reaction score

You piss me off with all your posts about how much your truck is a turd. Just because a few people says its laggy doesn't mean anything. My truck on extreme will roast the tires.

sootie

Reaction score

is this another one of your "end of a good day posts"? in an effort to not "prick your bubble" i will politely ask you to bang yourself over the head seventeen times with your keyboard in hopes that A; it knocks some sense into your hard head or B: that it damages the keyboard enough from bouncing off your cement block that it ceases to accept user input. then we could get some peace :) sound good?

Reaction score

Well, last I checked 2015's aren't turds...

Not trying to say anything negative. But it's 100% tuning. I only say this because I have a ton of tuned 2015 trucks including my own, tons of retrofitted 2015 turbo trucks tuned with multiple platforms and tuners including tunes I've written myself that are proof that they run fine. I can do a rolling burnout in my 15. I can punch it around a corner and do donuts without using the brake pedal. So, the platform is not the problem.

Pip is being conservative most likely to keep from inducing failures. I'm sure they will get something worked up for you guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JCROMAN73

Reaction score
[/QUOTE]
You should be able to monitor Fuel Rail Pressure with an Edge CTS. On nmy 14' I can monitor it with my mini. I know they changed some thing on the 15'. What is an A&E?[/QUOTE]

A&e is auto enginuity. Its a computer based diagnostic program for fords. You can do a lot of cool things with it on the older trucks. Not sure if it will do much on 6.7 though.
Cts cannot monitor fuel rail pressure I looked.

[/QUOTE]
That's crazy, the 15' test truck we have here doesn't have an issue what so ever on the v7 files.[/QUOTE]

Don't know what to say. My truck is not performing so good.

Jcroman , random thought but did you try to plug the EGR throttle body back in?

I havnt tried that but I can. I doubt it will do anything. I had it plugged in when I first tuned the truck and it was laggy.

Are you only judging whether or not your truck has enough power based on the amount of black smoke it makes?? You seem to be using it as a unit of measurement. If so, i hate to break it to you but both tuners, KEM and PIP, which i have both and only have great things to say about both tuners, seem to be doing a great job at keeping the smoke down and properly fueling these trucks.

No im not some idiot that is basing my power on how much it smokes. That's ridiculous. Im basing it on how the trucks drives. It is very anemic on the bottom end. Its no fun to drive at all. There is defiantly something really wrong here.

I'm not sure if you know this...but PIP isn't the only player in the game. I have a deleted '15 that spools fast, shifts perfectly and drives great. It's also not PIP tuned.

I was replying to the post above the one you quoted. If you don't like my posts put me on ignore and you won't see them. It's a public forum and I won't keep sh!t to myself.

I know pip is not the only game but it seems to be the most recomended on this board by far. Thats why I went with them. I just spent $400 on their tunes. I shouldt have to spend $400 more trying every other tuners tunes. That being said I am willing to try other tunes if it will fix my issues. I assume you are talking about Maryland performance? Care to share?

I guess maybe it would help if you quoted what you are replying to. I am looking for any input here including yours to help resolve my problems. Just saying "I dont know why anyone would continue running tunes with problems" isnt very helpful.

when using the term " laggy" lets talk about at what rpm you guys are at when you are making 10psi or more.

My truck from dead stop hits 10psi at 2500rpms

Dead stop, hit 10psi at 2500rpm taking off. Pedal to the floor. I have stage 2 no limit intake, Midwests stainless intake piping kit, and a 4-5" exhaust. Running v7 pip street tune. Zero smoke. Runs like crazy once it spools though!

same here 10psi at 2500rpm

Last edited:

Mikeyfitz

Reaction score
I'm about to go check mine.

My only issue is the random 3/4/5 rough shifts that happen at a weird throttle amount. Other than that the tune is perfect

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
As much as it sucks man....just drive it.....stay in contact with PIP....be chill.....they will resolve this just like with everyone else. In the end, if the outcome isn't whats expected, try a different direction....after all, the 15's are still fairly new......REMEMBER what H&S did when they had to turn down the boost on the 11-12 tunes back in the day......Trial and error sir...Its up to the constumer to take responsibility overall...as much as it sucks sometimes

JCROMAN73

Reaction score
As much as it sucks man....just drive it.....stay in contact with PIP....be chill.....they will resolve this just like with everyone else. In the end, if the outcome isn't whats expected, try a different direction....after all, the 15's are still fairly new......REMEMBER what H&S did when they had to turn down the boost on the 11-12 tunes back in the day......Trial and error sir...Its up to the constumer to take responsibility overall...as much as it sucks sometimes

I would but the truck is a pain to drive I wish I could just go back to stock power and shifting to be able to compare the drivability or until they have some fix. This is todays report:

I towed a 5000lb load with the truck today on extreme about 120 miles total. The truck is terrible to drive the way it is. There is something not right. I was watching the throttle percent today while driving it takes 20-25 percent to maintain 60mph on flat road. It takes 45-50 percent just to get the truck to make enough boost to accelerate at normal rate. Not sure what these numbers should be just thought i would throw them out there. Also from a standing start it hits 10psi at 2500rpm. The power is very on or off. You have to keep giving it more and more throttle to get it to keep accelerating. If you don't it stops pulling like it hits a wall. My foot was actually getting tired from having to drive with excessive input. I also had a hella bad shift doing a wot standing start. When it shifted to 3rd it slipped real bad then thunked. I wish there was a way I could go back to stock power and shifting.until these issues are resolved.

Cheap6.7

Reaction score
It's nothing close to a turd. It'll just annihilate the tires, that was in 4wd so I could get a steady figure. On extreme with a built trans it would be insane I do believe, I'm just not going to run mine on extreme much until I save up for the transmission. I have ran it on extreme and walked on a tuned and deleted 6.4 with a built trans. So that's that I do believe, but yes they are laggy on lower tune levels.

Sweet

Captaincworley

Reaction score
I'm offshore right now so I can't go drive my truck to see how it is, But I do know that the V7 tunes in mine were a nice improvement over the V6 tunes. Have you tried the V6 tunes to see if that helped? I keped the V6 tunes on my tuner invade the V7 tunes weren't that great in terms of Driveability. I did get a little mixup when telling people in another thread that the V7 tunes smoked less tho. I thought I flashed the performance time when I actually loaded the street tune. The performance tune felt great but was def more smokey than the V6 files. I've never tried the extreme file so I can't comment on that.

Charles

JCROMAN73

Reaction score
I'm offshore right now so I can't go drive my truck to see how it is, But I do know that the V7 tunes in mine were a nice improvement over the V6 tunes. Have you tried the V6 tunes to see if that helped? I keped the V6 tunes on my tuner invade the V7 tunes weren't that great in terms of Driveability. I did get a little mixup when telling people in another thread that the V7 tunes smoked less tho. I thought I flashed the performance time when I actually loaded the street tune. The performance tune felt great but was def more smokey than the V6 files. I've never tried the extreme file so I can't comment on that.

Charles

David did have me try the v6 tunes. It ran the same only with crappy shifting.

JCROMAN73

Reaction score
Do you have a tow tune? Or street tune? Are they acting the same?

I have 4 tunes tow, street, performance, and extreme until tonight I had only tried performance and extreme. I just tried tow and it has a much better peppier pedal feel, nice firm shifts but still has bad lag. Its much more drivable than performance and extreme have been though. So I started thinking maybe I would just reload everything including the "2015 load first" so I did that and went back to extreme. It still has bad lag and the tow tune still had a better peppier pedal feel, but the extreme now ran better with a more linear pull. it wasn't just hitting a wall anymore requiring more and more pedal to keep accelerating like before. So im not sure what to think. Reloading everything made it better but still very laggy. Im not sure if over time the performance degraded for some reason and reloading it made it a little better again or if it just had a bad load the first time. Im gonna drive it on tow for a while until pip can make some changes or maybe I will try Maryland tunes.

Latest posts

Members online