2015 PIP tune issues

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
I asked him for more fuel already.. And I think my hot street tune is stronger than pip extreme was. It feels like it atleast. I see 38 psi boost max on the hot street now.

oxcobra

Reaction score
th_20150509_191400_zpsd8cc2tf3.jpg

I'll just leave this here

oxcobra

Reaction score
So your happy with the tunes you got today? I posted a video up there, runs much better and tranny doesn't seem like it wants to fall out

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
so are they mad or ready to get even?
To be honest I don't want to give up on them yet but all this hype is making it hard.

honestly mike at pip is dedicated to building the best tunes possible. i dont believe he is seeing the same results in his 15' , and is a bit shocked by some of the results here. he's down to get it right , but he had to be made aware, because as of this, he hadnt had many complaints. he's been great to work with and was the first to build a tune around my intake , so i know he cares about you guys having the best running truck , as does eric. these 15's are finnicky as all hell , and its been a battle since day one as most of you know. i'll see what he says in regards to making changes, but i have all the faith in him just like i have in eric.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
so are they mad or ready to get even?
To be honest I don't want to give up on them yet but all this hype is making it hard.

I'm sure they'll get it right but this isn't hype. These tunes aren't new...they've been around for quite some time.

JCROMAN73

Reaction score
Wow this thread really took off! Glad to hear others are seeing the same improvements I did. It seems the tunes are not perfect though. Today I am getting a few codes running the race tune. I got p160a and the p0402 code. I know the p0402 is caused by the no limit intake but the p160a is new. It seems to be - "Control Module Vehicle Options Reconfiguration Error" The weird thing is I loaded the tune yesterday and drove about 20 miles and had no codes. Today I keep getting both codes about every 5 minutes. I clear it and 5 minutes later they are both back and I made no changes to the truck since I tuned it yesterday. Anyone else getting any codes like this? Doesn't seem to effect how the truck is running, just annoying. I will give Eric a call on Monday to see what he thinks.

On another note, I have not heard from pip for over 6 days even after informing them of all my issues. I also sent them a link to this thread and my video 3 days ago. A little disappointing not to hear anything at all from them. I am still hoping they will make some changes and try to make the tunes right. Everyone says they have great customer service which is one of the reasons I went with them in the first place but so far I havn't really seen it. Kinda bummed about that.

Last edited:

78f100

Reaction score
honestly mike at pip is dedicated to building the best tunes possible. i dont believe he is seeing the same results in his 15' , and is a bit shocked by some of the results here. he's down to get it right , but he had to be made aware, because as of this, he hadnt had many complaints. he's been great to work with and was the first to build a tune around my intake , so i know he cares about you guys having the best running truck , as does eric. these 15's are finnicky as all hell , and its been a battle since day one as most of you know. i'll see what he says in regards to making changes, but i have all the faith in him just like i have in eric.

I have dealt with Eric on lots of tunes for 6.0 and 6.4, they always do great and are good to deal with.
Until Friday I had never dealt with pip but man they impressed me. I had ordered a pip tuner for a customer and was told truck was a 14. When the truck showed up it was a 15. I called pip at 3:40 friday evening, David hooked me up. He emailed me the tunes I needed a little after 4:00 and didn't charge me a dime, even though I didn't buy it directly from him. I'm sure as dedicated as they seem to customer service they will get it resolved.

BTW, this truck was definitely not a turd, it ripped on level 3. Didn't want to beat on the customers truck, only has 6k miles on it so I didn't load 4. My customer was happy and I was impressed.

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
Here is my records, better rpms than my previous tune on extreme(it would go higher) and egts are lower, and boost is the same, but is there quicker. Again this is the hot street tune. Beyond happy!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 91

Cheap6.7

Reaction score
Here is my records, better rpms than my previous tune on extreme(it would go higher) and egts are lower, and boost is the same, but is there quicker. Again this is the hot street tune. Beyond happy!

Change your sig, I'm getting confused haha.

39 psi wonder how save that is?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Wow this thread really took off! Glad to hear others are seeing the same improvements I did. It seems the tunes are not perfect though. Today I am getting a few codes running the race tune. I got p160a and the p0402 code. I know the p0402 is caused by the no limit intake but the p160a is new. It seems to be - "Control Module Vehicle Options Reconfiguration Error" The weird thing is I loaded the tune yesterday and drove about 20 miles and had no codes. Today I keep getting both codes about every 5 minutes. I clear it and 5 minutes later they are both back and I made no changes to the truck since I tuned it yesterday. Anyone else getting any codes like this? Doesn't seem to effect how the truck is running, just annoying. I will give Eric a call on Monday to see what he thinks.

On another note, I have not heard from pip for over 6 days even after informing them of all my issues. I also sent them a link to this thread and my video 3 days ago. A little disappointing not to hear anything at all from them. I am still hoping they will make some changes and try to make the tunes right. Everyone says they have great customer service which is one of the reasons I went with them in the first place but so far I havn't really seen it. Kinda bummed about that.

Not sure about the control module error , but I know in the past that's a code that will go away on its own. As for the intake code , sct is updating the firmware so going forward the code fix will be thru an update on your device.

Latest posts

Members online