2015 test mule

Reaction score
Makes 30 psi. Tune limits the boost. But deleted on other 6.7's they've seen as high as 38. We are working on a wastegate setup as the turbo isn't stable much over 35psi and really doesn't make much more power. If you add dual fuelers or a modded pump you will probably be able to overspeed it.

Reaction score
Ok, so we've done some changes... First off we are piloting some dpf off tunes now. And with that comes the need to get better data. So since I am tires of laptops and IDS and since nothing else measures the stuff I need I went this route..

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414721771.329625.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414721784.412549.jpg

I installed a cts monitor and after I was fully disgusted with the lack of useful pids, I made a list and started ordering sensors. We now have independent monitoring of egt, ebp, boost before cac, boost after cac, cac inlet temp and cac outlet temp. Very pleased with how this turned out and now I have very useful data that has already drastically helped knowledge of how these turbos operate on a big tune. We have full boost to back pressure ratios, cac efficiency rate and pressure drop across the cac. Which will help majorly with testing of the new no-limit intercooler we will be putting in soon.

Plus it looks cool.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414722148.312653.jpg

And here is how the truck sits. Keep in mind I tow a lot and run the crap out of this thing testing so mileage isn't good right now.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414722224.746829.jpg

And since we are going back to the dyno to push the limits on the stock pump and try to break 600 we needed to keep every thing in a safe range we installed the first prototype of our wastegate kit and downpipe.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414722397.912509.jpg

dsberman94

Reaction score
The cts has a 10 gauge screen also. Only downside is that you hate to have a pitch as slope right in the middle of it. Push the up and down arrows to get to the 10 gauge screen. Not sure if you knew about the 10 gauges or if you had a use for it.
ae9307ea1c85df7d39aef5e82be84b35.jpg

Reaction score
Initial testing with gate closed showed 39/70 psi/ebp. EGT's around 1100 at wot run from 60-100mph. Got the ratio to 38/58 psi/ebp which is awesome.

The cooler fully heat soaked after 10 wot 60-100 mph runs @50* ambient was running 200-220* in and 100-120* out. So that's pretty decent stock.

Very happy with the progress so far. We will be at the dyno in a couple weeks to push the tunes harder. Hopefully by then I will have the ss intake tubing and intercooler on it. Going to try and push 600 with the stock pump unless we have the 25% test pump ready then... Who knows!!!

Wayne

Reaction score
I sure am glad to see you doing all this data gathering and product testing that we can all benefit from. I don't have a 6.7 now, but it's great to see you making progress. I'm really impressed with the way you run things over there. Keep up the great work, Morgan!

FordPSD64

Reaction score
I sure am glad to see you doing all this data gathering and product testing that we can all benefit from. I don't have a 6.7 now, but it's great to see you making progress. I'm really impressed with the way you run things over there. Keep up the great work, Morgan!

:whs:

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
Looking at the pics these gates will only be for EGR cooler deleted trucks? The amount of time and energy y'all put into these new parts is awesome!! Keep em coming fellas.

Keith

jcain

Reaction score
Seemingly so. They used the short egr pipe flange(factory stuff) to add the gate. That's where egr deleted folks have the blocking plate with egt sensor. While not optimal for a gate, it's surely innovative and thinking outside the box

Reaction score
Looking at the pics these gates will only be for EGR cooler deleted trucks? The amount of time and energy y'all put into these new parts is awesome!! Keep em coming fellas.

Keith

Yes, the gate will not fit with egr. But at that point you probably shouldn't have a cooler on anymore.

Seemingly so. They used the short egr pipe flange(factory stuff) to add the gate. That's where egr deleted folks have the blocking plate with egt sensor. While not optimal for a gate, it's surely innovative and thinking outside the box

Actually, we used zero "factory stuff". That's a machined flange bolting where the egr used to mount. All stainless tubing and tig welded.

Why do you say not optimal? It's by far the best place to mount a gate on a stock 6.7. Anything else would be a giant pita to mount and get to. This fits without the need to change anything as long as your deleted. No different than a 6.4 wastegate that bolts on to its egr flange. They are widely produced/used on tons of trucks. This is the exact same principal.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.