2015 test mule

jcain

Reaction score
Yes, the gate will not fit with egr. But at that point you probably shouldn't have a cooler on anymore.

Actually, we used zero "factory stuff". That's a machined flange bolting where the egr used to mount. All stainless tubing and tig welded.

Why do you say not optimal? It's by far the best place to mount a gate on a stock 6.7. Anything else would be a giant pita to mount and get to. This fits without the need to change anything as long as your deleted. No different than a 6.4 wastegate that bolts on to its egr flange. They are widely produced/used on tons of trucks. This is the exact same principal.
I believe I poorly worded my post. I meant to say, the flange you bolted up to was a factory flange that used to have the egr short tube on it, from the factory.

we both know that a single gate on a single manifold that isn't at the end of the runner isn't optimal. Like I said, innovative and thinking outside of the box, which was a compliment.
I guess everything is taken in negative connotation anymore.

Reaction score
I guess everything is taken in negative connotation anymore.

Not negative. Just the way I typed it. No harsh feelings, just my explanation. When you work with a given platform and things have to fit in a stock situation not everything can be optimal. There literally is no room (or need) for gates at one or both up-pipes on a stock appearing turbo platform. They do go into an open housing vgt turbo. And with the gate turned down only running on spring I could only make 20psi. So I would say it's effective enough at doing what's necessary.

Fox

Reaction score
with those pressure ratio improvements I'm really looking forward to what kind of power you will be putting down. Keep up the good work, everything looks awesome!

I'm also looking forward to some pipes to delete the stock intake manifolds, I was thinking I was going to have to make my own. any clue if they will work with a Volant intake??

Reaction score
with those pressure ratio improvements I'm really looking forward to what kind of power you will be putting down. Keep up the good work, everything looks awesome!

I'm also looking forward to some pipes to delete the stock intake manifolds, I was thinking I was going to have to make my own. any clue if they will work with a Volant intake??

Thanks and I would consider a no-limit intake to go with the intake tubing. Other wise you may have to make an adapter. But I'm super pumped for these intake tubing kits to come out.

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
Yes, the gate will not fit with egr. But at that point you probably shouldn't have a cooler on anymore.

Actually, we used zero "factory stuff". That's a machined flange bolting where the egr used to mount. All stainless tubing and tig welded.

Why do you say not optimal? It's by far the best place to mount a gate on a stock 6.7. Anything else would be a giant pita to mount and get to. This fits without the need to change anything as long as your deleted. No different than a 6.4 wastegate that bolts on to its egr flange. They are widely produced/used on tons of trucks. This is the exact same principal.

I have to return to stock once a year for emissions otherwise I'd have dropped that crap a while back. Is there any downside other than optimal back pressure and every last hp to use tuning to limit boost pressures?

Keith

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I have to return to stock once a year for emissions otherwise I'd have dropped that crap a while back. Is there any downside other than optimal back pressure and every last hp to use tuning to limit boost pressures?

Keith

You can just run a smaller tune with safer back pressures. Because of the extensive testing Morgan is doing we will know what tunes produce safe back pressure levels.

Reaction score

Keith

You can, just know that a big 540+ hp race tune will be hurting you on BP. Stock fuel 11-14 trucks should be pretty safe.

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
I'll keep an eye on it, I've been told using the MM to monitor back pressure isn't very accurate though? I'll be trying out some different tuning to see how that wakes her up. I'd like to get a little cleaner on the exhaust. If I don't lock out a couple few gears in stop and go traffic, it'll blow a big puff of smoke.

Keith

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.