2015 test mule

dsberman94

Reaction score
I've heard so much about how it won't do burnouts and how laggy it is. Have they changed the turbo design at all? Anything different under the hood?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I've heard so much about how it won't do burnouts and how laggy it is. Have they changed the turbo design at all? Anything different under the hood?

umm... yeah thats why thes threads exist is because its the first real "update" to the 6.7 since it was released 4 years ago...

dsberman94

Reaction score
That's why I'm asking have they updated the turbo design? is anything else different? Interior, feel, suspension, quality? Anything.

Reaction score
How does the stock 15 compare to the 66mm on your 11'?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spool is nearly the same as a 66 non vgt and they carry about the same boost psi at cruising speeds. Honestly is is a little letdown from all the hype.

But with that being said with deletes and tunes it will probably spool a little faster than it does now and make more power than a 11-14 truck.

Yes they have the different turbo more rated power all the stuff that has been said. They just have some much restriction from the emissions that they are a big turd. An 11-14 will smoke the tires and lights instantly with the dual compressor wheel design. The 11-14 are awesome really, just lack the total top end power and reliability.

Jbenso127

Reaction score
I will know soon. I'm guessing not any better judging by how it runs unloaded and downshifts all the time. Will definitely have to lock out 6th all the time.

Maybe the weight of what's being towed will help keep the charger lit and keep the engine up where it makes power? Idk lol.

Yellow1000

Reaction score
Well load it up already and let's see what happens LOL I'm now reconsidering a 14 since I don't ever modify them to speak of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and ****.

92f350cc

Reaction score
How the hell did Ford let this happen? Were they sitting in a meeting when somebody asked 'what feature from the 6.0 do our clients miss the most?' and then somebody answered 'well, people mentioned a lot that it didn't do anything until you were above 2000 rim.... I think they'd like that again.'

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

RedRice589

Reaction score
How the hell did Ford let this happen? Were they sitting in a meeting when somebody asked 'what feature from the 6.0 do our clients miss the most?' and then somebody answered 'well, people mentioned a lot that it didn't do anything until you were above 2000 rim.... I think they'd like that again.'

Hahahaha but seriously can you hook it up!!! I wanna see you pinck it with 18k on it..... J/s. You can be going 35mph Idc...... Hope you don't mind the peer pressure but you're the only dipstick who's showing us anything :):):):):):) :blitzed:

Reaction score
Hahahaha but seriously can you hook it up!!! I wanna see you pinck it with 18k on it..... J/s. You can be going 35mph Idc...... Hope you don't mind the peer pressure but you're the only dipstick who's showing us anything :):):):):):) :blitzed:

I'll be towing the gooseneck to a truck pull this weekend. I'll post vids.

And who you callin a dipstick?!!!!

92f350cc

Reaction score
So with the turbo spooling later, there should be less possibility of snapped rods on hot tunes with the stock turbo, right? That's not even considering the stronger rods.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
So.. has anyone even confirmed the stronger rod theory.

Until someone compares apples to apples, do NOT assume.

The update bulletin was updated piston assemblies, all the parts are not superceeded, but we don't know what the new/old difference is

I just don't want an assumption of something we haven't, to my knowledge, proved yet

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I know someone who ordered a 2015 long block. One of the first things getting inspected is the rods, and they'll be compared to the 11-14 rods.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
I had customers complain a lot about the throttle sensitivity and too much gogo to fast. I always gave them a " are you retarded " look. But there are those out there that like the slower spool.... for whatever reason.

Latest posts

Members online