2017 SD Build And Price

TyCorr

Reaction score
I was bs'ing with a farmer I know. He is in his 60s. Kid is 35. The dad has a 14 kr. Tuned and durleeted. The kid has a 13 cclb lariat. They both were holding out at the behest of the dealer for the new body style. They got pricing and the dad (writes the checks) said no f'n way. He said they wanted new ones last fall but were waiting for the new style. Got pricing info and he told me he thinks they'll be ordering two cclb high country gm's.

uga33

Reaction score
I just thought you were an astronaut....

Anyways! Lol... the 17 is an exciting beast. Not trying to completely derail the thread but for the first time I did see a Dodge 2500 with factory air ride yesterday from one of my vendors....

Is that even remotely an option for the 2017 Ford Superduty?

No air ride for 2017 Super Duty.

Notneb

Reaction score
I would rather have aftermarket air, than factory... Dealt with air suspension enough on damn Audi's, nooooo thank you.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yes and no. Assist or full. Keldermanns is expensive as hell but you have to remember the oem wouldnt be that elaborate. But probably not much cheaper in cost.

Ford wont do full air ride. They'd have to build two different suspensions simultaneously and it would be a logistic nightmare. An airbag over a spring doesn't completely fail. A sole airbag does. Right there excludes fird.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Well. I don't think it's that bad... every peterbilt on the road relies only on air for the rear. I know it's not apples to apples but I'm saying the concept isn't unreal.

The newer dodge is solely air in the rear. The option price was very cheap to from what the owner told me. Less than $2k I wanna say he said 1700.

He hit a button and the truck lowered itself a little over 2" in the rear. I thought that was cool. However. The system did look "packed" in there.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I hear ya. I listed it as what Ford would be concerned about from a liability and engineering standpoint.

Ram interiors are very nice on the top end but the engineering in a ford and ram arent even comparable. I think the gm is out engineered compared to the ram. It seems dodge takes some bigger chances at the risk of execution to gather market. I mean the new cummins are rattly and poppy inside. Like they always were.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Yeah. I'm still unimpressed with the newest rams. Even their classy model still screams MACK TRUCK. LOL

Notneb

Reaction score
Just saying, air suspension in POV's doesn't have the greatest track record. At least with big rigs you have size on your side. The fittings are beefier, the bags are thicker, because they're bigger. They don't have fancy "oh look, i can lower my rig" setups that add complexity to the system. And we all know, the more complex, the faster it breaks, that's just Murphy's Law.

Tycorr hit it on the head. Ford is doing the same thing they did with transmissions. They can't justify the money to test a completely different platform. Dodge beat everyone with the new gimmick, and Ford doesn't think it's worth the money. They've got tried and true products, why risk it? Dodge has to, it's the smallest of the big 3, and with the colossal fiscal flop that was the Gen V Viper, they're trying to get more sales out of their trucks.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I dont think its worth the money! Ford can build this garbage and let people improve upon it. If they toss air ride on these and the msrp hits 90k, who is gonna be happy?

Ill stick to squishy springs and 700 bucks to outfit it with a air helper setup.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
I have got about $1500 in my auto leveling rear airbag setup and guess what if my air bags ever blow I still have most of my leaf springs to keep my truck from looking like a 90's Town Car with its ass on the ground.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Lol..... $90k..... that made me laugh tycorr!! Your right.

Yes a peterbilt can dump.his bags as well. They have to in order to get under certain trailers. But anyways. I guess ford makes up for it everywhere else anyway . I personally wouldn't buy an air ride setup I was just curious why they didn't offer it on the new ford's--I mean they are offering a freaking seat massage chair....why not airride...lol
Ford dropped the ball when they said "We have an exhaust brake now too...." LOL... I didn't have to touch the brakes on my 09 cummins! This 15 f250 I can't really even tell it's doing anything...

Jomax

Reaction score
Lol..... $90k..... that made me laugh tycorr!! Your right.

Yes a peterbilt can dump.his bags as well. They have to in order to get under certain trailers. But anyways. I guess ford makes up for it everywhere else anyway . I personally wouldn't buy an air ride setup I was just curious why they didn't offer it on the new ford's--I mean they are offering a freaking seat massage chair....why not airride...lol
Ford dropped the ball when they said "We have an exhaust brake now too...." LOL... I didn't have to touch the brakes on my 09 cummins! This 15 f250 I can't really even tell it's doing anything...

When trying the exhaust brake, were you towing anything ? Lol I feel it and it works with a trailer, unloaded, no so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbair14

Reaction score
When trying the exhaust brake, were you towing anything ? Lol I feel it and it works with a trailer, unloaded, no so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The '15 exhaust brake is embarrassing compared to the dodges. Before I was ******d when I was towing through the mountains with my '15 it was garbage, I'm pretty confident my 6.4 and 6.0's had better engine braking than the 6.7's. Ford's lack of an exhaust brake and cummins having the new auto one is the one and only reason I would look at buying a dodge after towing with one.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.