205cc\100 + s366 = ? and my build

slim613

Reaction score
the guys at gearhead are standup and they wouldnt BS you to make a sell. And it comes down to your future goals for the truck. Are you ever going to build it bigger, maybe not tow so much? You can buy a bigger injector and detune it and only buy injectors once. You can get the s468 and not have to buy a turbo later on if you want more power. You'll have to change the way you drive with your new setup and learn how likes to be run.

this build will peobley be my last for this truck now my mudd truck thats different but for this one i think it will stay a daily driver for sure and as long as i have mudd mixed in with my blood il still be towing maybe not a gross of 36K but i tow other truck wells diesel ones at that

and this new set up of gonna be waaay different from stock i know that haha but lookin forward to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slim613

Reaction score
You won't be upset with the 468 spoolup. I run one with 40s and a stick shift it's not bad at all. Even if your unhappy talk to your tuner and have him move up shift points on ur tow tune. And hp is not wat throws rods... Torque is, low end torque chucks them

only way i guess i could see is run a 468 and 238\100 and see

id love to be able to run hard up a hill and keep EGT's low towing i HATE towing stock trannie sucks EGT's thru the roof MPG towin a k5 blazer is 9mpg but i need injectors as we speak

rustbucket

Reaction score
You won't be upset with the 468 spoolup. I run one with 40s and a stick shift it's not bad at all. Even if your unhappy talk to your tuner and have him move up shift points on ur tow tune. And hp is not wat throws rods... Torque is, low end torque chucks them

You mean low rpm cylinder pressure. your not making any torque at 1000 rpms. its all about tuning.

rustbucket

Reaction score
only way i guess i could see is run a 468 and 238\100 and see

id love to be able to run hard up a hill and keep EGT's low towing i HATE towing stock trannie sucks EGT's thru the roof MPG towin a k5 blazer is 9mpg but i need injectors as we speak

Bigger injectors arent going to help mileage lol.

slim613

Reaction score
Bigger injectors arent going to help mileage lol.

you are correct but 9mpg towin 8k-9k that aint right at all should be more at least my half ton 4.6 gets that
iv lost all my mileage and baby my truck at the moment and it dont help but id rether have power and no milege then no power and no mileage shes gutless but no blow by 206K on the clock factory injectors i think all but one anyways

rustbucket

Reaction score
Its not the low rpm torque that chucks rods. Its the cylinder pressures crated by pulling a load on your engine and lugging it at low rpms. At 1200 your making no torque and no horsepower. But you put your foot to the floor and dump a **** load of diesel into the cylinder when that diesel pops it has more force and pressure since the piston is moving slower and the combustion chamber is smaller longer. Once the rpms are up the cylinder pressure is used to keep the piston moving and not trying to get it to move. So its less stressful on the rod.

rustbucket

Reaction score
you are correct but 9mpg towin 8k-9k that aint right at all should be more at least my half ton 4.6 gets that
iv lost all my mileage and baby my truck at the moment and it dont help but id rether have power and no milege then no power and no mileage shes gutless but no blow by 206K on the clock factory injectors i think all but one anyways

I have a stick and i only get 10 towing. 17 on the highway. Like you said stock auto trans doesnt help the towing mileage. You have a one ton and towing 4 tons plus. I'd be good with 10.

slim613

Reaction score
I have a stick and i only get 10 towing. 17 on the highway. Like you said stock auto trans doesnt help the towing mileage. You have a one ton and towing 4 tons plus. I'd be good with 10.

i get 12 city and if im lucky 14 on hwy when i got the truck 3 years ago i got 20 some times 23 hwy and 18 in town i know ur thinkin "that guys full of crap" and i wish i could prove it today i just have a few friends words but my old 99 7.3 with 12K great and pulled 15-16mpg and i do 9mpg and lighter but of well i guess i stillove my truck

and agreed stock trannie tuning sucks there that one gear thats just gutless

rustbucket

Reaction score
i get 12 city and if im lucky 14 on hwy when i got the truck 3 years ago i got 20 some times 23 hwy and 18 in town i know ur thinkin "that guys full of crap" and i wish i could prove it today i just have a few friends words but my old 99 7.3 with 12K great and pulled 15-16mpg and i do 9mpg and lighter but of well i guess i stillove my truck

and agreed stock trannie tuning sucks there that one gear thats just gutless

What have you checked or replaced since your mileage has dropped. Boost leak, exhaust leak, dragging brakes?

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Its not the low rpm torque that chucks rods. Its the cylinder pressures crated by pulling a load on your engine and lugging it at low rpms. At 1200 your making no torque and no horsepower. But you put your foot to the floor and dump a **** load of diesel into the cylinder when that diesel pops it has more force and pressure since the piston is moving slower and the combustion chamber is smaller longer. Once the rpms are up the cylinder pressure is used to keep the piston moving and not trying to get it to move. So its less stressful on the rod.

I suggest you think about the relationship between cylinder pressure and torque before you start preaching.

slim613

Reaction score
What have you checked or replaced since your mileage has dropped. Boost leak, exhaust leak, dragging brakes?

i built a boost leak tester fixed leaks, did injector o-rings, i do have one small up pipe leak but builds 22psi as of now havent hooked up in a month and im buildin 18-19 psi so gotta look again for leaks, breaks seem to be flawless its all been in a 2 year period been on other forums doin stuff fuel psi was good and then i just gave up puttin money into it since its being pulled out in a month or so

rustbucket

Reaction score
i built a boost leak tester fixed leaks, did injector o-rings, i do have one small up pipe leak but builds 22psi as of now havent hooked up in a month and im buildin 18-19 psi so gotta look again for leaks, breaks seem to be flawless its all been in a 2 year period been on other forums doin stuff fuel psi was good and then i just gave up puttin money into it since its being pulled out in a month or so

Is your current engine all stock.

rustbucket

Reaction score
I suggest you think about the relationship between cylinder pressure and torque before you start preaching.

Im not preaching or piss anyone off. Im aware of the relationship between cylinder pressure and torque, you dont have torque with pressure. But in my mind since the piston is moving slower its in dwell for a longer period of time. And since the piston doesnt move down the cylinder untill its through its dwell its not making and torque or power but since the fuel is already burning and the piston isnt moving it forces straight down through the rod into the crank and once that pressure gets to a point it breaks the rod. Thats why i say pressure not torque. If im wrong straighten me out. and i should of posted my thoughts defferent on my last post. Thanks for the check.

slim613

Reaction score
4wd locked in haha

nope its out i last year i had the drive shaft out gettin a new tube for it and i pulled the front axel out and re seal and did A LOT of work to it its all free iv been told its weak injectors and it sounds like its running rough lots of people have told me that
esyvymy3.jpg

rustbucket

Reaction score
nope its out i last year i had the drive shaft out gettin a new tube for it and i pulled the front axel out and re seal and did A LOT of work to it its all free iv been told its weak injectors and it sounds like its running rough lots of people have told me that
esyvymy3.jpg

Injectors or compression. But like you said it wont matter soon.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.