363hp with 155s?

94.5 Stroker

Reaction score
We had a local dyno day here today. A friend of mine just got his 04 out of the shop from being studded. While it was there he had Warren 155/100s installed. He has the injectors, 58v Bulletproof FICM, egr delete and was running Gearhead SRL tune. I know he doesn't have a fuel system but shouldn't it have done better than 100hp over stock that it dyno'd in April on the same dyno/operator. It is an inertia dyno, but had built Cummins that did 1000+ on it today and a 6.4 that did over 800hp. What should we be looking at?

Bad_company

Reaction score
Little more info about the truck... 04 regular cab, 4 inch lift ,373s, 305/70/16s, studded, deleted, new heads, blue spring, 58v BPD ficm, s&b CAI, zoodad mod, banjo bolt mod, SCT 3015 with gear head srl tune... I would post a picture of the dyno sheet but I'm on my phone right now... Three pulls 358/689 363/693 362/697

94.5 Stroker

Reaction score
Here is the dyno sheet

IMG_7202778564422_zps9gceijzs.jpg

TyCorr

Reaction score
If it wont hold fuel pressure then the dyno numbers will be low.

Another question. Did you dyno.the truck with the stock injectors on the same dyno? If not, how do you have any frame of reference for a mod you added?

All that aside, it seems low on power.

Spoolin'

Reaction score
If it wont hold fuel pressure then the dyno numbers will be low.

Another question. Did you dyno.the truck with the stock injectors on the same dyno? If not, how do you have any frame of reference for a mod you added?

All that aside, it seems low on power.

"I know he doesn't have a fuel system but shouldn't it have done better than 100hp over stock that it dyno'd in April on the same dyno/operator"

Read...

TyCorr

Reaction score
"I know he doesn't have a fuel system but shouldn't it have done better than 100hp over stock that it dyno'd in April on the same dyno/operator"

Read...

I read. Comprehend. That defines absolutely nothing about what I asked. If you could show me how you gleaned what fuel pressure he was maintain based on what you posted my eyes are peeled.

If you can NOT and cant see my angle perhaps you have no.business posting on this.matter.

If the part you manually quoted was to.answer the dyno question, I apologize, its worded funny but answers the question. I.thought you were commenting on the fuel.pressure. Thats what Im more.concerned with.

Last edited:

94.5 Stroker

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Now I know where we need to look. It got a new stock fuel pump towards the end of last year. When it was dynoed in April it actually had 3-4 "bad' injectors with no tunes. So yes 363 on gearead tunes and 155s was very disappointing.

04cr450

Reaction score
that jyno jet if i recall read very low... i dynoed on a dyno jet 519 hp.... got a live tune from eric and dynoed 638 hp on his dyno, same mods... its just numbers, dynos are a good tuning tool, dont get to worked up over it

94.5 Stroker

Reaction score
that jyno jet if i recall read very low... i dynoed on a dyno jet 519 hp.... got a live tune from eric and dynoed 638 hp on his dyno, same mods... its just numbers, dynos are a good tuning tool, dont get to worked up over it

I understand not getting worked up over it but when ya just spent $5k on the truck last two weeks and then get this. This dyno had a Cummins do 1065/18xx, another Cummins did 1146/maxed, and another 6.0 did 792 on a big single with spray but couldn,t hold the brakes hard enough to hit the 8-900 mark that it should be. Also a 6.0 with 205s and a s366 has done 702hp on this dyno.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Fuel systems and upgraded turbos make a huge difference on every platform.

With a stock.charger what numbers, max, can you even.realistically expect? 425?

94.5 Stroker

Reaction score
According to the sticky 400-500hp 155s with a fuel system is good for 450hp. Even a tune, ficm tune, exhaust and intake should be around 450hp. Yes I know that a dyno just produces magical numbers and to get actual numbers it needs to go down the track and then be calculated. He would have been happy at400hp

TyCorr

Reaction score
The information you just relayed from the sticky about the "155s" points to my area of concern. The fuel system. If volume and pressure arent sufficient, the power will be crap. Likewise if there is too much fuel, its just gonna make crap power(an injector that is overwhelming the charger).

Without having access to his icp readings, fuel pressure, boost, and a few.other.things nobody knows anything. Id bet money on fuel pressure tanking at some point causing no power.

buschpoweredstroker

Reaction score
FWIW, 04 with only sct and stacked edge, intake, and exhaust did 396 on bean's dyno a few years ago. Different dyno/ diff. results I know... but just a stock comparison for you.

94.5 Stroker

Reaction score
The information you just relayed from the sticky about the "155s" points to my area of concern. The fuel system. If volume and pressure arent sufficient, the power will be crap. Likewise if there is too much fuel, its just gonna make crap power(an injector that is overwhelming the charger).

Without having access to his icp readings, fuel pressure, boost, and a few.other.things nobody knows anything. Id bet money on fuel pressure tanking at some point causing no power.

We are gonna try to get it on a scanner today and see what the computer is seeing.