38R - High temps a lot quicker???

David N

Reaction score
Honestly, is 1400* really that hot? Mine will peg my 1600* guage in about a second. As long as you don't hold it there for 30+ seconds, you won't melt anything.

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
on my hottest tune towing , stock injectors, van turbo ww, hauling my 20ft trailer + rclb egts never get over 1200 even take off from a stop....

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
Take the red wastegate line off and tighten that rod so the gate only opens about 1/4 of the way.. In all honesty tighten it so It doesn't open at all. With 250/100s I ran it at 1/4 and it would do 37 psi and way lower egt's then before I shut it to 1/4. With about 49-50 psi back pressure. With stock injectors you will be fine.

edge186

Reaction score
Take the red wastegate line off and tighten that rod so the gate only opens about 1/4 of the way.. In all honesty tighten it so It doesn't open at all. With 250/100s I ran it at 1/4 and it would do 37 psi and way lower egt's then before I shut it to 1/4. With about 49-50 psi back pressure. With stock injectors you will be fine.

So I pulled the red line off the wastegate actuator and tightened it down a bit. Now the boost will hit 24 but I've just got an edge cts insight and it's reading boost off the map sensor I think but once it hits 24 psi it goes back to 0. It wont go any higher than that.. And after about 10 minutes the "service engine soon" light came on.

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
Need a boost Fooler the map only goes to 24psi then defuels Or is it 27? Need A boost Fooler so even at 100 psi the map only sees 24-27 whatever it is so it doesn't defuel and set the cel on the dash.

edge186

Reaction score
Need a boost Fooler the map only goes to 24psi then defuels Or is it 27? Need A boost Fooler so even at 100 psi the map only sees 24-27 whatever it is so it doesn't defuel and set the cel on the dash.

That's exactly what I needed to know! Thank you very much.

I'm headed out to install the new srp 1.1 that just showed up on the door step!

JDub

Reaction score
Remember that the Insight is getting its boost reference from your MAP sensor, so when you install your overboost kit, you'll no longer get an accurate boost reading. Be best if you install the EAS accessory 0-100 pressure sensor in your charge air system to get accurate boost info.

dustinz85

Reaction score
:whs:
Remember that the Insight is getting its boost reference from your MAP sensor, so when you install your overboost kit, you'll no longer get an accurate boost reading. Be best if you install the EAS accessory 0-100 pressure sensor in your charge air system to get accurate boost info.

just t into that rubber line with the EAS sensor between the intake spyder and map sensor once you get the boost fooler kit, the regulator in the kit will not let more than 24 psi iirc to the map sensor which is tripping the SES light and defueling the truck.. good luck with the pump install

DocBar

Reaction score
I would bury my EGT super quick in all of my old tunes. With Gearheads, I can stand on it WOT and never break 1250 in any tune but my hot tune. In the hot tune, it'll hit 1400-1600 but nowhere near as fast. I look forward to comparing the RWHP in my chips this weekend at PHP's benefit dyno day.

I'd be looking for boost leaks. They can be damned hard to detect.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
I would bury my EGT super quick in all of my old tunes. With Gearheads, I can stand on it WOT and never break 1250 in any tune but my hot tune. In the hot tune, it'll hit 1400-1600 but nowhere near as fast. I look forward to comparing the RWHP in my chips this weekend at PHP's benefit dyno day.

I'd be looking for boost leaks. They can be damned hard to detect.

I'm not sure if my truck is gonna be done by this weekend but we can line em up with my wife's Hyundai! All the hail damage and the rest of the dents and dings jst makes it faster hahaha

Arisley

Reaction score
My truck still sets the light but does not defuel. It is a overboost code. Kinda like the light, it lets me know when I hit 25 lbs.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Mine defueled and.set the light before but.with php tunes, no.light, no.defuel.

Latest posts

Members online