40-45 mph hop/vibration issue

sagebel

Reaction score
Would axle wrap cause the carrier bearing to wear at a faster rate or does it just affect the pinion yoke and u-joint?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Looks this up on the diesel stop. There is a huge thread over there about this very complaint. They finally started replacing entire drive lines for the vibration issue. Lengthy read.

can you post up a link please?

nuther reason not too buy a longbed ! LOL

lol. I own 2 other long beds. never had this issue with those.. my dually has over 165k miles of hard driving with the original carrier and it still has less slop than this.

live life full throttle

Motostroker

Reaction score
I had a vibration issue at 40-45 then at 70+.....I had a warped driveshaft. I replaced it and issue got better, not completely gone. It ended up being my BMF rims. They are not hubcentric.....I put my stockers back on and fixed it! Rides like a caddy.

morepower02

Reaction score
See if there is any play where your driveshaft goes into the rear axle. I had similar vibration and I could lift up on the yolk in the rear end.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I had a vibration issue at 40-45 then at 70+.....I had a warped driveshaft. I replaced it and issue got better, not completely gone. It ended up being my BMF rims. They are not hubcentric.....I put my stockers back on and fixed it! Rides like a caddy.

dam. sucks about the rims.

See if there is any play where your driveshaft goes into the rear axle. I had similar vibration and I could lift up on the yolk in the rear end.

everything is tight no slop other than at the carrier but from what everyone is saying, it's normal.

live life full throttle

RedRice589

Reaction score
I've always had a shake at some point with both sets of rims and tires I've had. Going to stock rims fixes it for me as well but no longbed here either.

Twan

Reaction score
That seems like way to much play to me.

You can always stop by a dealer and roll under a brand new one and see how they are.

Have you checked your shocks, maybe they are bad?

Try putting some weight in the bed 500lbs or so and see if it changes, could be the angles are off a little and it's only showing up.

Mahdeys

Reaction score
that is not normal movement. That'smore movement than a semi carrier bearing has. I'm going to the shop today and I'll stop at the Ford dealer and check a new truck. My 08 CCLB was tight.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I've always had a shake at some point with both sets of rims and tires I've had. Going to stock rims fixes it for me as well but no longbed here either.

im on stock rims.. nothing to compair like that.

That seems like way to much play to me.

You can always stop by a dealer and roll under a brand new one and see how they are.

Have you checked your shocks, maybe they are bad?

Try putting some weight in the bed 500lbs or so and see if it changes, could be the angles are off a little and it's only showing up.

shocks are clean. no oil residue coming out of them. other than taking them off and checking. I dont know for sure.

I put my cub gt1554 lawn mower in the bed and that was enough to make the hop and vibration worse.

that is not normal movement. That'smore movement than a semi carrier bearing has. I'm going to the shop today and I'll stop at the Ford dealer and check a new truck. My 08 CCLB was tight.

thanks man!! appreciate it.

live life full throttle

powerstroked08

Reaction score
My dads 2013 just had its carrier bearing replaced. It was making a noise so we checked it out and it was bad. He just took it back to get fixed and they replace the carrier and entire rear drive shaft. I think he has maybe 7,000 miles on it.

Jesse_01

Reaction score

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I swung into the ford house last night after work and crawled under 2 different trucks. one was a 2015 and the other was a 2013. both had just about the same play as mine... guess I need to dig into it more...

live life full throttle

mattmal9

Reaction score
Looks this up on the diesel stop. There is a huge thread over there about this very complaint. They finally started replacing entire drive lines for the vibration issue. Lengthy read.

Not to derail, but what were they replacing on the 11's ? Mine has a slight vibration, never really enough to completely annoy me but now this has me curious.