400/400 daily driver

hunterER7

Reaction score
This is the same 72mm that is in my sig. As of right now the injectors are out of the truck because of a broke nozzle. I was thinking about going bigger while they were out. Then upgrading the turbo later on down the road. This is why I made this thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

how did you like the 300/200's? i've been debating back and forth on whether i should do those or 400/400s

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
I really liked the 300/200 with the 72mm. I thought it was responsive and strong running. I went 7.508 in a ccsb truck on nitto 420 tires. I did use a 67 jet when I ran that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyCorr

Reaction score
Dom thinks he's black! Dont give him your number unless you want texts of him in Fubu stuff.

bluedge8

Reaction score
On a side note thanks to you guys for helping explain that really difficult pricing/core issue some could grasp.

Unfortunately I am one of a few people that can flawlessly understand the honor system. I have lost soo many sets of cores over the years trying to help guys out that just couldn't be down with their truck but really needed injectors to running again. I feel for they were on hard times and didn't have the funds for the core charge. Guess what, BAM, got me and never get my cores back. For that we either get $800 (because that's a # that gets cores back) or your cores up front, your choice you have options. ]

why do you have a core charge on new injectors?

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
why do you have a core charge on new injectors?

I actually get this question often, Alliant Power that manufactures these injectors charges us a core charge. We are not "pulling a fast one" as I have been accused of in the past. To be honest I am on the hook for $1200 core charge from Allaint. But I still only charge the $800 core charge.

It is actually a smart business move on their part. If they require one set to be taken off the streets for every set they sell, that is one less set available to the remanufactures ( their competition ).

Frankly I really don't get people's huge complaint with core charges. 99.9% of our customers use a creditcard to make their purchase. If you make your purchase and do your install in a timely manor you can more than likely not ever see this charge come down the pipe to you.

Not to get in people's business, but when I get someone on the phone that gripes and complains about the $800 core charge I politely tell them if they can not afford to cover this temporary charge they really should not be purchasing a performance product for their truck. It's just the simple truth.

bluedge8

Reaction score
I actually get this question often, Alliant Power that manufactures these injectors charges us a core charge. We are not "pulling a fast one" as I have been accused of in the past. To be honest I am on the hook for $1200 core charge from Allaint. But I still only charge the $800 core charge.

It is actually a smart business move on their part. If they require one set to be taken off the streets for every set they sell, that is one less set available to the remanufactures ( their competition ).

Frankly I really don't get people's huge complaint with core charges. 99.9% of our customers use a creditcard to make their purchase. If you make your purchase and do your install in a timely manor you can more than likely not ever see this charge come down the pipe to you.

Not to get in people's business, but when I get someone on the phone that gripes and complains about the $800 core charge I politely tell them if they can not afford to cover this temporary charge they really should not be purchasing a performance product for their truck. It's just the simple truth.
I was careful not to bash you, but I do get tired of core charges when it sends like there should be one ( "new injectors" seem like they should not require a core charge) but I see that you are not the one to actually answer that question. You are just the middle man. For me unessary core charges started with junk yards that just washed another revenue stream.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
I totally understand, that's why I wanted to clearly get that information out there. There are senseless core fees out there. At one time if you purchased a GT38R from Injduatrial they would charge you a core fee until you sent your stock turbo to them.

emev0l

Reaction score

I was thinking the same thing

Latest posts

Members online