4EverBoosted1 Elite Built 6.7 Thread

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
:confused: :lookaround:

well whatever the engine dynamic is that creates a 2:1 tq/hp ratio . 6.0's and 6.6's dont have it. i guessed it was bore and stroke that would cause that. if not, what is it ?

mustube

Reaction score
well whatever the engine dynamic is that creates a 2:1 tq/hp ratio . 6.0's and 6.6's dont have it. i guessed it was bore and stroke that would cause that. if not, what is it ?

I was interested so I googled.

----- B -- S --- B/S ratio
7.3 4.11 4.18 .98325
6.0 3.74 4.13 .90556
6.4 3.86 4.13 .93462
6.7 3.90 4.25 .91764

Wayne

Reaction score
I better leave the explanation to the pros. I've been trying to keep my know-it-all approach to a dull roar :D those engines do have an awesome torque range as you pointed out though.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
It seems to spool stupid quick. It will be interesting to find out for sure. A quick spooling 800/1500 would make for an insane street truck.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

My brothers cummins dynoed 833/1527. It is retarted fun on the street and has yet to be beat by anything at our local street races.

Dan

Reaction score
Hp-tq is related to rpm peak torque is made at..

6.0s rev higher therefore make less torque..

The magic number for the hp/torque calculation is 5252.. So at 5252rpm 1hp= 1ftlbs torque

HP = Torque x rpm / 5252

If that makes sense

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I better leave the explanation to the pros. I've been trying to keep my know-it-all approach to a dull roar :D those engines do have an awesome torque range as you pointed out though.

honestly i dont know the exacts, certainly dont know a ton. but i have, as well as you, been around long enough to see the motors with consistent fuel only numbers close to 2:1 . i suppose against all other things , spoolup is the deciding factor.

webb06

Reaction score
The magic number for the hp/torque calculation is 5252.. So at 5252rpm 1hp= 1ftlbs torque

HP = Torque x rpm / 5252

If that makes sense

Morgan's pull truck spins right at 5000 rpm I think haha he might be close

Wayne

Reaction score
honestly i dont know the exacts, certainly dont know a ton. but i have, as well as you, been around long enough to see the motors with consistent fuel only numbers close to 2:1 . i suppose against all other things , spoolup is the deciding factor.
Yep. As pointed out, this is why big single turbo setups have a much lower torque ratio, and still kill it at the track. The faster it lights, the more potential it has for a higher TQ/HP ratio... and potential for bending rods :doh:

MorganY

Reaction score
Got a full throttle ride in it yesterday, it moves. Traction isn't bad as I thought. He punches it, and it is ripping. Perfect street setup.

The gates are dialed in. Truck runs at 70-73 pounds of boost, and back pressure sustains at 80 psi. Very pleased with boost:bp.

The bad news is he'll probably only be able to get 35psi out of the atmo without switching to a larger gate or changing housings; thats all we could push it to yesterday.

Runs really well. He'll get some vids up. :poke:

Tq may be 1500, may not. I don't like to get any hypes going into these things.

Dan

Reaction score
Got a full throttle ride in it yesterday, it moves. Traction isn't bad as I thought. He punches it, and it is ripping. Perfect street setup.

The gates are dialed in. Truck runs at 70-73 pounds of boost, and back pressure sustains at 80 psi. Very pleased with boost:bp.

The bad news is he'll probably only be able to get 35psi out of the atmo without switching to a larger gate or changing housings; thats all we could push it to yesterday.

Good news boys!! :)

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score

Whatever power and TQ are, I am more than pleased with the trucks power. I can't thank Morgan and Colton enough for making this happen!

RedRice589

Reaction score
Sounds to me like this truck is gonna be a phenomenal street truck that will shut people up. Can't imagine hearing it in person. Good job guys. Do you think you're losing a ton with the tranny still?

MorganY

Reaction score
Sounds to me like this truck is gonna be a phenomenal street truck that will shut people up. Can't imagine hearing it in person. Good job guys. Do you think you're losing a ton with the tranny still?

Not losing anything with the trans. It's holding fine.

When Kaleb came down, we pulled the pan to get solenoid codes.

Before hand he said the linkage didn't feel right, and sometimes it would get stuck. Anyways, the truck would actually pop out of gear under high rpms. One time, it actually kicked the shift handle into neutral. A 5r will do the same thing if the linkage isn't set right. It will damage the trans if you don't catch it.

Turns out I forgot to put the retainer clip on so the adjuster tab was moving around everywhere and was not secured.

It solved the problem.

Fluid was perfect, pan looked good, etc.

20140213_135552_zps1hymonju.jpg

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
So what you are saying Morgan is, The transmission is now holding fine without any problems? Even under wide open throttle? If that is the case that is sweet!!! So now are you all going to push the tranny to the limits or still switch it out for the Elite one right away?

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Yes the trans is holding perfectly fine and the power the truck is making is pretty insane. we can't say the trans will hold forever but so far so good.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
That is sweet! The 6R140 is proving to be the Best and strongest Transmission in the light duty pickup market. In Stock form that is. Have not had much testing yet in built form. These things make the 5R110 look weak. That is great! It could tend to make a 600-700 build cheaper. Might even with careful driving last higher then that.

Reaction score
I was interested so I googled.

----- B -- S --- B/S ratio
7.3 4.11 4.18 .98325
6.0 3.74 4.13 .90556
6.4 3.86 4.13 .93462
6.7 3.90 4.25 .91764

Hence the torquyness that they have, lots of stroke.

Hp-tq is related to rpm peak torque is made at..

6.0s rev higher therefore make less torque..

HP = Torque x rpm / 5252

If that makes sense

Smart man and very correct

Morgan's pull truck spins right at 5000 rpm I think haha he might be close

Yep but very low torque at that rpm. Leave at 5500 rpm and carry 5000 down the track. Lights an hx60 very well (make the cummins look like they don't know what their doing). Don't need the torque when you can carry the R's out the end. Like a big gas motor really.

That is sweet! The 6R140 is proving to be the Best and strongest Transmission in the light duty pickup market. In Stock form that is. Have not had much testing yet in built form. These things make the 5R110 look weak. That is great! It could tend to make a 600-700 build cheaper. Might even with careful driving last higher then that.

They are stout but tuning and self control really have the most to do with it. I torched one in the regular cab with canned tunes in 900 miles. My crew cab is hurt but since a good re-learn and a little more responsible driving and learning how it reacts, it is holding fine.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.