4EverBoosted1 Elite Built 6.7 Thread

MorganY

Reaction score
Ya the trans is holding fine right now, it was my mistake.

Kalebs gets tested.
Lots of downshifting and converter locking/unlocking. The advantage in kalebs setup is the weight and 2 wheel drive. That's how the 4wd/crew cabs will toast their units quicker.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Reaction score

Kalebs gets tested.
Lots of downshifting and converter locking/unlocking. The advantage in kalebs setup is the weight and 2 wheel drive. I think that's where the 4wd/crew cabs will toast their units quicker.

Burnouts and 4 wheel drive launches are very hard on units.

Yeah. Which I know the burnouts and lunches are hard. But the race truck is a reg cab 2wd. The brown truck (ccsb 4x4) has taken way more abuse at a lot higher power level. I guess all we really did was tear up the race truck till it quit. But I'm still disappointed in it. The brown truck has held way longer than I expected. It bangs and misses shifts every so often. It has nearly 3000 miles of towing and abuse since the 66 went on it. And we don't have a dyno sheet yet but driving it compared to a tuned 6.4 (which I have the ability to do back to back) it seems right there with stock fuel upgraded air 6.4's... Jared says it feels like 600hp when he drove it too. Idk we will know in a month.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Got a full throttle ride in it yesterday, it moves. Traction isn't bad as I thought. He punches it, and it is ripping. Perfect street setup.

The gates are dialed in. Truck runs at 70-73 pounds of boost, and back pressure sustains at 80 psi. Very pleased with boost:bp.

The bad news is he'll probably only be able to get 35psi out of the atmo without switching to a larger gate or changing housings; thats all we could push it to yesterday.

Runs really well. He'll get some vids up. :poke:

Tq may be 1500, may not. I don't like to get any hypes going into these things.

Fwiw my turbos make 35/75 psi respectively so you guys are doing great. Get it on the rollers asap

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
We will get it on there as soon as possible. I am very pleased with it and I believe it will hit our goal right on the head.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
It is going to be a great truck.

Really good news on the trans as well.

Thank you sir.

Yeah it is great for the rest of the 6.7 community to know that the stock trans can take a beating. At least it's one thing these guys wanting a little more power won't have to worry about "as of now at least!"

RedRice589

Reaction score

Kalebs gets tested.
Lots of downshifting and converter locking/unlocking. The advantage in kalebs setup is the weight and 2 wheel drive. That's how the 4wd/crew cabs will toast their units quicker.

Awesome to hear it was an adjustment error!!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i know when we started messing with my hp duty cycle with high powers, i was seeing 65+ total and only 32 out of the atmo, its not always easy to drive the atmo as hard as you want. i know i tried multiple gate setups and that was the best i got. truck was definitely over 800 .. first time i ran it thru the gears it blew a piston up at about 120, in my silver truck with stock pistons. you should be fine and easily meet your goals.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Sounds like Ford built the 6R to be like the Mustang auto. Indestructible

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

knock on wood , but i have been pummeling mine, everyday, and so has craig, and ours are working fine at 625-650 .

bigaF250

Reaction score
Nice. After looking at the Mustang factory trans, they're getting 4 digit power numbers on them in Stock form. Would be cool to see the 6R do the same. How high have the numbers been on the 6.7

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
i know when we started messing with my hp duty cycle with high powers, i was seeing 65+ total and only 32 out of the atmo, its not always easy to drive the atmo as hard as you want. i know i tried multiple gate setups and that was the best i got. truck was definitely over 800 .. first time i ran it thru the gears it blew a piston up at about 120, in my silver truck with stock pistons. you should be fine and easily meet your goals.

Thank you Mike! I appreciate the faith and support :D

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
Is the trans completely stock or is there a tune in it? Was curious about trying the stock trans tune with my Hot X engine tune but don't want to trash anything. I hardly ever hammer down on it but I do play once in a while. I do have a slight smell to the fluid but it's not burnt or dis colored. Hoping I don't have to do any trans work real soon.

Keith

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Is the trans completely stock or is there a tune in it? Was curious about trying the stock trans tune with my Hot X engine tune but don't want to trash anything. I hardly ever hammer down on it but I do play once in a while. I do have a slight smell to the fluid but it's not burnt or dis colored. Hoping I don't have to do any trans work real soon.

Keith

If it was not tuned it would be exploded. Anybody with a tune should run the hs trans tune.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.