4EverBoosted1 Elite Built 6.7 Thread

Kind

Reaction score
How's the rear squat with those bars... Do they allow the weight to transfer well in other words lol? Still factory shocks?

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
How's the rear squat with those bars... Do they allow the weight to transfer well in other words lol? Still factory shocks?

sorry if I missed it but what gauges are those? Those things are wild looking! On a more serious note though, the truck looks like it runs awesome!!

To be honest we have the rear dropped 2 inches with shackles and then paired with the traction bars and believe it or not but the truck grabs traction pretty hard. Yep stock shocks on the rear but I am probably going to swap them out when I have time.

Gauges are Autometer Elite Series (lol ironically enough). They are very pricey but well worth it. The warning set points and different color options really help tell you when to let off the throttle.

Reaction score
Not when your boost is 70+. It always take more BP than boost. If you made 100psi boost you may make 130 bp. Just relative, that number is pretty good ratio. It seems like they have the gates working correctly.

MorganY

Reaction score
Not when your boost is 70+. It always take more BP than boost. If you made 100psi boost you may make 130 bp. Just relative, that number is pretty good ratio. It seems like they have the gates working correctly.

Ya. Pretty much 1.28:1. Between a filled block and carrillos, it's not even a concern.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Ya. Pretty much 1.28:1. Between a filled block and carrillos, it's not even a concern.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

And ceramic coated EEERRYTHING allows for a little warmer EGTs :)

I am so happy we have the gates working perfectly. Now I can finally make a permanent mount for them instead of just having regulators in my cup holder lol

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I would say it is well into 700s and could be touching the 8 mark but can't be sure until we get it on rollers!

bad ass!

Thank you, sir.

Lincolnlocker it's a stock trans.

holy hell thats even more bad asz!!

And ceramic coated EEERRYTHING allows for a little warmer EGTs :)

I am so happy we have the gates working perfectly. Now I can finally make a permanent mount for them instead of just having regulators in my cup holder lol
Lol...

Isnt anything under 1:1.5 the ideal range for boost to back pressure ratio?

live life full throttle

Reaction score
Anything under 1.5-1 BP to boost is ok. Obviously 1-1 is best but not physically possible. Some free flowing singles will run 1.1-1.2 to 1 BP to boost but that makes for usually not the most street able charger. That's where compounds come into play. Driving a smaller charger without causing a restriction ending with high BP makes a wastegate the most valuable tool. A guy once told me for every psi of BP more than boost created you lose xx hp. I wish I remembered that number. But that's why a truck making 45-40 BP to boost is making more power than the same truck @ 75-50 BP to boost. The extra strain more BP puts on the system robs hp big time. The only way to find your trucks sweet spot will be dyno tuning it to its best hp/boost/BP range. More boost doesn't always mean more hp.

Sorry just felt like talking.

Anyway......... The truck looks great and I can't wait to see some numbers when it hits the rollers.

Last edited:

hotrodder_101

Reaction score
From what I've seen, the AMS stuff really works. Tons of race cars with them. The only thing that I'm confused about is how these guys are making BOVs work on a diesel with no vacuum?

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
From what I've seen, the AMS stuff really works. Tons of race cars with them. The only thing that I'm confused about is how these guys are making BOVs work on a diesel with no vacuum?

I have a BOV... Lol and yeah AMS is sweet, but really overkill unless you are programming a dedicated racecar. Yes my regulators are manual. They are mini air compressor regulators
etudamus.jpg

Note: that mount is temporary

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.