4EverBoosted1 Elite Built 6.7 Thread

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Uh.... I think I might be pulling the filter in
aze2ady9.jpg

shmoozer

Reaction score
Could you fab up like a perforated say stainless insert for the inside of the filter? Something that would allow air flow but be rigid enough to not get crushed by awesome amount of intake air?

-KCCO-

powerstrokesd14

Reaction score
Lincoln Nebraska is home and Houston Texas for sch
Could you fab up like a perforated say stainless insert for the inside of the filter? Something that would allow air flow but be rigid enough to not get crushed by awesome amount of intake air?

-KCCO-

That sounds like it could work although I feel like it would end up being more of a restriction to the intake air while only keeping the filter from collapsing...

mustube

Reaction score
That would still put a big vacuum on the intake. Would it possibly cause an oil leak on the compressor(s)?

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
No but it hurts the thrust bearings. If I am going to get silly and do a lot of WOT then I have to go No Filter

Super08Duty

Reaction score

-KCCO-

The problem isn't that the filter is too weak, it's that it can't flow enough air for the big charger. Only way to fix that problem is a bigger filter. Which isn't much of an option.

Latest posts

Members online