6.0.4 revisited

Would you put 6.4 compounds on your truck?

• Hell Yeah!

Votes: 33 30.6%
  • Sleep on it.

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Not going to waste my brain cells on this one.

Votes: 24 22.2%
  • The juice isn't worth the sqeeze!

Votes: 26 24.1%
  • My truck already has 6.4 compounds!

Votes: 15 13.9%

• Total voters

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
And now I have. Cyl 6 contribution balance code, I replaced the injector with a spare, but I'm still having the issue. Leaning toward and electrical issue, trying to get it patched up for tomorrow.

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
Turned out I didn't torque the spool valve down to the injector body, and the screws backed out. Thank god they didn't come completely out. Could have made a big mess.
4c05764d048f8df7bc359d92a7a7af4e.jpg

Not where I wanted to be, I definitely ran out of fuel AGAIN, still leaning how to build these injectors. I will get to my goal at Big Time Kustomz event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
Gotcha, it appears to be fueling decent. Didn't look like it fully cleared all the smoke up.

Just for comparisons sake you are running 225's with a 66mm. 6.4's are 65mm and I built these injectors mathematically to 205's (I'm sure they're not flowing that much).

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
Finally got to really drive the truck. I'll make 4.8v until (I believe) it hits 3rd gear, then it drops to 3.0-3.1v. Guess it's time for a DieselSite 03 pump.

Tomorrow will be a real test.

AzPsd55

Reaction score
Cool project i'm glad its actually working for you, it should be a good running truck once you get all the lil stuff ironed out.

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
No doubt it is a fun running truck as is, but it's definitely not running at its full potential. Need to figure out what is holding it back.

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
Currently sitting waiting for me to fix an oil leak, believed to be my poorly designed oil drain lines.

With my built injectors I am running out of ICP, and low on fuel pressure. I feel the truck is not performing to it's fullest potential, but I am not sure if that is due to the issues just mentioned or if there is another underlining problem, or all of the above. I will be ordering a 6.7 fuel pump soon.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.