6.0.4 revisited

Would you put 6.4 compounds on your truck?

• Hell Yeah!

Votes: 33 30.6%
  • Sleep on it.

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Not going to waste my brain cells on this one.

Votes: 24 22.2%
  • The juice isn't worth the sqeeze!

Votes: 26 24.1%
  • My truck already has 6.4 compounds!

Votes: 15 13.9%

• Total voters

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
Nope, self inspections. But apparently they are setting up in parking lots and flagging down suspected modified trucks to run random tests on.

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
John I respect you man at this point id likely have set the thing on fire or driven it into a lake and collected insurance money on it

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I am happy with the truck and how it is performing.

Really I would rather throw a stick of dynamite in the guys shop that screwed with the truck. He should not be allowed to work on a Hot Wheels even.

ODAWG714

Reaction score
They do that it california but it's only a survey and the data goes to the state Capitol. No information of the vin or owner is taken.

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
I just replaced my TPS. What a difference that made on the low end smokiness. The first 1/4 of my pedal must have been shot, I used to press the pedal 1/4 of the way before the truck moved and it would bellow smoke then lunge. Now, nice and gentle take offs and a bit less smoke. Still feel that I have sticky spool valves considering 80*+ cold starts and it misses, will have my built injectors soon. New solenoids and a cleaning up the valve should smooth things out.

Stroker04

Reaction score
Sounds good man! I haven't been following this thread very closely but what did you end up using to control the vgt turbos off the 6.4 with?

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
I have been running my homemade boost controlled waste gate actuator. I will be getting back to work eventually on the electronic controller, sooner than later. The pseudo controller is doing the job well for now.

I know I have been saying it for a couple months but it looks like I will finally have my 205/100 injectors back and in the truck this week.

Stroker04

Reaction score
I have been running my homemade boost controlled waste gate actuator. I will be getting back to work eventually on the electronic controller, sooner than later. The pseudo controller is doing the job well for now.

I know I have been saying it for a couple months but it looks like I will finally have my 205/100 injectors back and in the truck this week.
Interesting have any pictures on how its set up? Very neat glad it's working out for you.

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
18ae62dfd49b25d9a1491b78efd62584.jpg

Finally!!!! They will be going in the truck this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
First off, she is running like a raped ape. A bit hazey at idle with the 100%'s I'll swap them out down the road. I am now running a full fuel tune from Gearhead, it leaves a good smokey trail as expected, but is smooth as can be from zero to full throttle. I love it, just need to pull back fuel for daily driving.

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
Patience grashoppa'

Sunday I will have a video of the dyno. We're aiming to be at the Maryland event for some 1/4 mile times.

I also have to note, the truck sounds BADASS at WOT.

Latest posts

Members online