6.0 fan on OBS Results....

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
did you notice if EGT were lower to? Well i guess that would only work if you had a IC. Thought I would ask was not sure if you have a IC or not.

Old OutLaw

Reaction score
yes I have an IC (Banks), ..... but nope, I was watching the water temps, and the oil temps on my scanner, and wasn't watching the EGT, so I can't really say....stands to reason that it would be a tad cooler whenever the fan was ON tho.... which would be a good thing :D

Old OutLaw

Reaction score
I really haven't yet, just ran it up a 7% grade here close to the house, to make sure it was fulla water, and cooled properly.....definitely seems to cool better, and the engine is smoother also, the metal fan musta been outta balance some..... I put one of Joey's 180 degree thermostats in it a couple days later, and will be testing the results this May with the 5er on behind, and will post up what I find then.

Old OutLaw

Reaction score
well, I don't know about that, but I really like how smooth it is....the metal fan just seemed to chop the air to pieces, and this
one is more like a huge vacuum cleaner, just lotsa suction.....

Old OutLaw

Reaction score
I don't see where the 6.0 clutch is any better than the 7.3 clutch anyhow ? maybe I'm missing something, but mine works great, and I'm VERY pleased with it.

in the morning, after sitting all night, the fan will run for a bit, until the oil "Throws" out of the clutch, you can rev it up to about 1400 RPM and hear it,
(takes a bit longer if it's real cold, because the oil is also cold), but then it doesn't pull enough air to put in your hat. I can see where in the really cold country
it could be a problem, and if I lived in Michigan or someplace cold, I'd probably take the fan off for the winter if I wasn't going to tow anything.

Last edited:

907DAVE

Reaction score
I pull the fan on mine during the winter months. Absolutely no need for it, damn truck could idle all day long and the thermostat will never open.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Got my 6.0 fan. Bolted right up to the OBS clutch. But I still a spacer for my Fluidampner right?