6.0 injector stiction discussion

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
if you cut grooves across the barrel of the spool valve, the injectors cannot, and will not fire.

spool valve travel is only .017 thousands of movement. cut a groove in that valve will cause a direct pressure leak to the exhaust ports, and to the coils. spool valve is now junk.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I put in the cleaner this weekend, so the AR2300 is in. I've noticed no difference in the way it runs yet. I'm going to try and run this for a few miles before changing oil and going with T6 and the 9100.

I swapped a few FICM's around too. I have one that tests at 48+, but seems to be weak driving the injectors anyways. It really made my sticky injector stick out. Until it's warmed up it basically has a dead miss on that cylinder. Hooked AE up, getting a contribution code for cylinder #2 now. After the truck was warmed up I did a buzz test and all passed though. I will try the buzz test again today though with it cold and see what happens. I did take that FICM off last night though and put a different one on, idled way smoother and quieter. That FICM is just possessed.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I'm tempted to send my oil in for analysis to see if any thing sticks out...might show if it's actually cleaning it or or not...

Snake

Reaction score
Mike - interesting idea, and I like it. I may go one step further and send in 3 samples, just for grins.

Sample 1 - oil with 5k miles on it, no additives (oil I'm changing today)
Sample 2 - oil with <1,000 miles with Archoil 2300
Sample 3 - same oil as Sample 2, but at 5,000 miles

All samples would be Valvoline Premium Blue Extreme 5w-40.

Mdub707

Reaction score
That would be the best way to do it honestly. I'm kind of pissed I didn't think of it before now, could have sent in a sample of it pre-2300

FallenAuthority

Reaction score
Mike - interesting idea, and I like it. I may go one step further and send in 3 samples, just for grins.

Sample 1 - oil with 5k miles on it, no additives (oil I'm changing today)
Sample 2 - oil with <1,000 miles with Archoil 2300
Sample 3 - same oil as Sample 2, but at 5,000 miles

All samples would be Valvoline Premium Blue Extreme 5w-40.

That would be a great idea to get an idea just how much it actually cleans

Snake

Reaction score
Kinda curious to see where that goes as well. Changed my oil yesterday and added 1 oz of Archoil 2300 per quart of motor oil (in my case, this is roughly 20 oz of Archoil). Started the truck and didn't notice an immediate improvement, but I'm not worried yet. For starters, I replaced my fuel filters a few days ago and have been fighting a bad o-ring on the HFCM drain plug. Low fuel pressure = unhappy 6.0. Just to be clear, I had symptoms of stiction before I messed with my fuel filters and I'm confident the two are unrelated.

I'm also thinking (hoping?) that the 2300 isn't going to magically remove varnish, etc within 5 minutes of being added. Probably going to have to do some driving first, and I'll keep everyone updated.

And yes, I did take oil for a sample. :D

Mdub707

Reaction score
Mike, I put ~200 miles on mine since the addition of 2300, haven't noticed a single change yet.

DZL JIM

Reaction score
I was just told a few days ago that a local shop told a customer of mine that they rebuild the 6.0 injectors using a new "Spool Valve Kit." Never heard of it before, anybody have ideas where/how it's obtained? I will try to find out more about this.

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
only thing that i have heard of new spool valves would be that motorcraft injectors get a new spool valve on every injector that gets remanufactured.

i have an ultrasonic cleaner that i need to try cleaning a set of spools with to document improvements. but polishing with crocus cloth may be the most cost effective option for the DIY people so far.

DZL JIM

Reaction score
We use a sonic cleaner on our injector parts, and although it does a very good job, it still doesn't clean as well as a little elbow grease and some polishing.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Exactly. I have some parts from my veggie system that work the same way. Super tight tolerances, they get coked up with veggie after some amount of time. I tried doing a heated ultrasonic clean on them and then put them in an oven to dry everything out and every time I ran them I'd get a little more coming out in the oven. Finally had to figure out how to disassemble them and then clean them really well in pieces. Even then, a little elbow grease helped tremendously.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.