6.0 S362FMW project build

Mdub707

Reaction score
Agreed. My long term plan was to do something like 190/75's and the 62 as the high pressure and a 72 or 75, something in that size for the low pressure. Quick spooling, easy to tow and still cleans up well. If your plans are 175's, the 62 should be able to handle that on it's own. I will likely go with 175/50's and keep the 62 by itself.

vinniehobart

Reaction score
Well finally got time to do everything since Fall harvest is about finished up. Went with an Irate t-4 Kit and was absolutely perfect. Im running stock injectors right now since ill be towing the next couple weeks for a baseline against running larger injectors. currently the S362FMW with stock injectors is absolutely fantastic! im still running stock vgt tuning due to Gearhead being at the SEMA show until the 10th. So far I have hit 42psi of boost. cruising down interstate im building 3-5 PSI of boost and EGTs are around 725-750 degrees. Im very pleased with this turbo thus far. I want to get some tuning for this to change up the shifting points but other than that im happy with the power. Ill be going down to dallas next week to haul a buddies 6.0 up to my shop and be putting in 190/100 and a S362FMW in his. for injectors im tore between 175/50 and 190/50. Either way transmission will be mad but hopefully it will last until I finish up by ME and EE degrees

vinniehobart

Reaction score
What I would like to do when I do get injectors is get the next size larger turbine housing (which is a .88?) and see how the difference is between the two housings are. Other than that injectors are really it for now. Planned on relocating batteries to frame but being it is the farm pickup I decided to keep it mainly stock to prevent issues and since my father or farmers I work for usually are in it and we pull headers I think keeping it mostly stock would be ideal. maybe if I ever get a racetruck I can have fun making harnesses and what not.

vinniehobart

Reaction score
10405471_793166657408271_8909502623170555147_n.jpg

crash86

Reaction score
Sub'd. Excited to see how you like it when you get the right tunes in her! Might be looking into something similar for my 06

Mdub707

Reaction score
Well finally got time to do everything since Fall harvest is about finished up. Went with an Irate t-4 Kit and was absolutely perfect. Im running stock injectors right now since ill be towing the next couple weeks for a baseline against running larger injectors. currently the S362FMW with stock injectors is absolutely fantastic! im still running stock vgt tuning due to Gearhead being at the SEMA show until the 10th. So far I have hit 42psi of boost. cruising down interstate im building 3-5 PSI of boost and EGTs are around 725-750 degrees. Im very pleased with this turbo thus far. I want to get some tuning for this to change up the shifting points but other than that im happy with the power. Ill be going down to dallas next week to haul a buddies 6.0 up to my shop and be putting in 190/100 and a S362FMW in his. for injectors im tore between 175/50 and 190/50. Either way transmission will be mad but hopefully it will last until I finish up by ME and EE degrees

Mine runs about the same for temps. No clue peak boost since I still have a 35psi gauge, but I was guessing around 40, so your 42 has me happy.

Try a hotter tune, it will just wake up the spool so much. I'd recommend FICM tuning too if you don't have it yet, that also woke it up a bunch. As for towing, I don't use my towing tune anymore, it seemed to be lacking on top end. I now tow with my Innovative street tune, coupled with economy ficm tuning. That's my favorite combo so far. EGT's still stay really low for the street tune. This is towing my 27' travel trailer, weighs around 7k lbs loaded. Nothing crazy, but probably an average load for most of us. I can't imagine running 190/100's with this, but I'm sure it can be done. Matt Kubik said he ran this 62 with his 205's or 225's (can't remember now) and he said it wasn't exactly "clean" but it cleaned up pretty well for what it was. I'd personally stick to the 175 area myself, but that's just me. I'm happy to be smoke free under boost.

What I would like to do when I do get injectors is get the next size larger turbine housing (which is a .88?) and see how the difference is between the two housings are. Other than that injectors are really it for now. Planned on relocating batteries to frame but being it is the farm pickup I decided to keep it mainly stock to prevent issues and since my father or farmers I work for usually are in it and we pull headers I think keeping it mostly stock would be ideal. maybe if I ever get a racetruck I can have fun making harnesses and what not.

My buddy runs 175/75's with his S362. He ordered his with the .88 housing and then ordered the .83 after, said he wouldn't go back to the .88 for anything. Take it for whatever it's worth.

vinniehobart

Reaction score
thanks for info! ya i have it on the ATLAS 40 tune on my gryphon. I towed a 40ft combine draper header with it with max speed of 55mph. it pulled good wasnt paying attention really since the header wasnt exactly chained down haha. next friday ill be going down to dalles to pickup up friends 6.0 and will be doing CED t4 S362 and RCD 190/100. also ill be throwing in another S362fmw for a friend in the next month so i will be logging 3 different setups on the FMW with different injectors and uses. mine is a farm truck so Im thinking 175/50 or 175/75. I just wanted a little extra power for the troubled 50-60mph zone on my pickup. but details will follow as im still waiting for gearhead to get back. i am tempted to try TSD tunes and get a good comparison between the two companies since ive heard good things from both.

vinniehobart

Reaction score
there will be a local dyno event on the 15th so ill have time slips and dyno #s here shortly.

vinniehobart

Reaction score
Well i was doing a burnout video with the new Go-Pro 4 silver this evening and the intercooler plastic end decided it didnt needed to be attached my the metal tabs anymore. whats everyone ussually do in this situation?

vinniehobart

Reaction score
Anyone running The Alradco intercooler for the 6.0? significant difference like what is in the 6.4? Have a dyno day tommorow and my throw a 7.3 intercooler in it for now until i get a better one

Latest posts

Members online