6.0 S362FMW project build

Mdub707

Reaction score
I've heard nothing but good things from Alradco.

My buddy blew apart three stock intercoolers on his 03 truck with a stock turbo and stock injectors. Never could keep one together in that truck. For some reason he would run over 40lbs of boost on a stock charger too. He even tried a few different stock chargers from different years. Truck was a freak.

vinniehobart

Reaction score
nice. Ya i ordered one last monday. i was hoping to get it before wednesday since im going 600miles home and will be towing a 6.0 back. be nice to see mileage with turbo and temps.

alradco

Reaction score

crash86

Reaction score
Is the video not working for anyone else?! Right at the good part it seems to break up. 😠

vinniehobart

Reaction score
Id was looking at 190/75 because i dont need that bigger nozzle, but some of the guys i talked to said that with good tuning i should be fine with the 190/100

swinky

Reaction score
Id was looking at 190/75 because i dont need that bigger nozzle, but some of the guys i talked to said that with good tuning i should be fine with the 190/100

you'll be fine but theres really no need. Unless you're planning on bumping up to a 250 or bigger in the future i'd stick with a 75. A 75 nozzle is big enough to flow close to 275ccs. You can't tune a nozzle so if you're doing any towing you'll be better off with a 75. I've never run a 75 and 100 back to back just going by what others have said. At the end of the day I would just run whatever matt@cutting edge recommends.

strokin6L

Reaction score
A 75% nozzle should empty the 190cc injector and actually atomize better than the 100% nozzle and possible be less smokey and have lower egts, but from what I've heard...is that some 75% nozzles run higher egts and smoke more than some 100% nozzles...and some 100% nozzles have less smoke and cooler egts than some 75% nozzles. I remember Chris @ TSD saying this on FB from what he's noticed with injectors/nozzles and his tuning. Kinda depends on nozzles manufacturer I guess. Honestly, I don't think I'd ever go with a 100% nozzle unless I was running an injector 225cc or larger. I wouldn't go with a larger than needed nozzle.

Last edited:

swinky

Reaction score
Thats what I was getting at.

off topic but do you think you're making more power with the ficm tunes? I've heard time and time again that ficm tuning becomes less of a gain with bigger injectors than stock, haven't heard much about ficm tunes lately.

strokin6L

Reaction score
I never dyno'd before and after FICM tuning with my truck. But I did notice better throttle response and a little more pep with FICM tuning even after I installed my 190/75's. Personally, I'd never run a 6L without FICM tuning, but that's just me.

vinniehobart

Reaction score
One of my friends put a S366 and 205/100 on and when he put the FICM tuner on after about a month of having the setup he said it increase throttle response. Mine helped slightly and I just mostly use it to watch gauges. I just want to see how the 190s run with the 62fmw. I think it will be a fun setup at the track and daily driving.

vinniehobart

Reaction score
So what all injector combinations have been ran with this S362FMW turbo? It seems like very few from what ive gathered. Havent seen any data for towing or DD on larger injectors. I dont mind being the guinea pig lol I am a Test engineer hahaha

Stroker04

Reaction score
I think Matt ran it with 205s if I remember. That turbo won't clean 205cc injectors up though. Honestly a 175/30 and that fmw62 would be a really good running truck, clean burning, and still a great setup to tow with.

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

swinky

Reaction score
I think Matt ran it with 205s if I remember. That turbo won't clean 205cc injectors up though. Honestly a 175/30 and that fmw62 would be a really good running truck, clean burning, and still a great setup to tow with.

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk
I'm with stupid ^^^

Latest posts

Members online