6.0 S362FMW project build

strokin6L

Reaction score
I think Matt ran 205/75's with the 62fmw. Its been said that the 62fmw flows as much as a cast 64mm. I know that when I ran a 64mm t3 non vgt with my 190/75's...it was fairly clean. So seeing as this 62fmw t4 flows as much...or if not more as my cast 64mm t3 setup...I bet a set of 190's would work well also and still be fairly clean and make pretty decent power.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Matt said he was shocked at how well the 205's cleaned up with the 205. It wasn't exactly "clean" but did a pretty good job. I'd run a 175/30 or 175/50 myself. A good flowing 190 is a lot of fuel. Unless you feel like building a trans right away, I'd stick with the smaller size.

From what I can tell, this 62 has been run with stock injectors, 175's, 190's, 205's... there's more and more people using them now. I think Matt may have ran his with 155/stock or 155/30's or something too.

FICM tuning made a huge difference on my truck, made spool up so much easier (stock injectors). I'm shocked you're only doing 36psi though. Mine maxes my 35psi gauge so easily it has to be past that. Someone else running it said they were doing 42psi or so.... though I guess as long as it runs good I wouldn't get too hung up on boost numbers.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Boost numbers are confusing to me.. My s366 with 225/100's only make about 40-43 psi.. I'm in the same camp I don't really care, because it runs good but still curious.

Stroker04

Reaction score
My 366 makes 42-43 but the 366 has a bigger compressor housing outlet as well. I believe the 366 outflows the fmw62 too.

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk

Mdub707

Reaction score
Boost is a measurement of restriction. A 66 can have the same boost numbers as a 62, but it's still flowing more volume.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
My 366 makes 42-43 but the 366 has a bigger compressor housing outlet as well. I believe the 366 outflows the fmw62 too.

Yeah it does, obviously a lot of factors go into what boost numbers you will see, some not even related to the specs of the turbo. Obviously X turbo does not automatically make Z boost.

But you see inconsistencies between very similar setups which is what intrigues me.

Stroker04

Reaction score
Yeah it does, obviously a lot of factors go into what boost numbers you will see, some not even related to the specs of the turbo. Obviously X turbo does not automatically make Z boost.

But you see inconsistencies between very similar setups which is what intrigues me.
Fwiw my truck is running the same setup and I see the exact same numbers you're seeing.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
That was on Erics xstreet file. We spent a lot of time getting it dialed in perfectly. I have about 30 revisions..LOL

I run xstreet too, I can't say if it's dialed in just right yet because I'm running on a limping stock trans.

Mdub707

Reaction score
It just dawned on me Vinnie is running the Alradco... probably explains the difference in numbers in our setups. His is probably more efficient.

swinky

Reaction score
Boost is a measurement of restriction. A 66 can have the same boost numbers as a 62, but it's still flowing more volume.
Right but when you're reading boost at the intake elbow that goes out the window right?

It's registering restriction at the heads and intake manifold.

swinky

Reaction score
In that case is there a possibility it could increase? Because of the efficiency of the Intercooler flowing more air to the heads? 😳
Yes for sure.

Take the same two trucks, one with a restrictive intercooler and one with a alradco/mishi/spearco...... The pressure before the intercooler will be higher and pressure to the heads will be lower on a restrictive intercooler.

A good intercooler will show minimum change in pressure before and after.

Think about it like a fuel filter. If you had a gauge in between the pump and filter fuel pressure will increase as the filter gets plugged but you're getting less to the motor.

vinniehobart

Reaction score
ya i built 42 or 43 with stock intercooler and the new ALRADCO i cant get it over 36-38. Im currently running the 8k tow and the economy ficm tune and absolutely love it! she does lock up until maybe 75% throttle which is nice for driving in wichita just cruising. WOT with the tow tune is absolutely awesome the sucker pulls so dam hard. it is extrememly noticeable over a stock turbo with same tune. Ill be keeping it on this tow tune for now. cruising at 65-70mph on this tune temps dont get above 625 on level ground. WOT I cant get it over 850 which im happy with. I need to haul another dodge to Firepunk soon so i can see the difference in power through the missouri hills.

alradco

Reaction score
ya i built 42 or 43 with stock intercooler and the new ALRADCO i cant get it over 36-38. Im currently running the 8k tow and the economy ficm tune and absolutely love it! she does lock up until maybe 75% throttle which is nice for driving in wichita just cruising. WOT with the tow tune is absolutely awesome the sucker pulls so dam hard. it is extrememly noticeable over a stock turbo with same tune. Ill be keeping it on this tow tune for now. cruising at 65-70mph on this tune temps dont get above 625 on level ground. WOT I cant get it over 850 which im happy with. I need to haul another dodge to Firepunk soon so i can see the difference in power through the missouri hills.

That's what I like to hear. Sounds like a hell of a setup!

vinniehobart

Reaction score
Ya im hoping to get some heavy tow numbers here shortly with this setup prior to bumping up injector size. Ill be driving back to illinois from kansas tonight so MPG and parameters will be aknowledged on this drive and ill let yall know. It will be nice to see how it runs running 75-80 for awhile. It will be on the Gearhead 8k tune and the FICM economy tune.

Latest posts

Members online