6.7 carnage

2006nytro

Reaction score
the rods are built for easy removal?? what does that say about them? good idea needs a little more refining. heck it took years to get 7.3s the way they are today we will see how they do after time and good miles

INFAMOUS

Reaction score
It was running a canned H&S 150 tune. The engine has right around 3,000 total miles. It never even made it onto the dyno. It blew on the test drive.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Was there huge bp issues in this truck before it went boom? I don't know how they ran 100hp injectors with that fuel system, had to be loosing rp. 6.4's baby

I assume so and I'd probably lean on it being a contributor here among other things. Industrial doesn't use waste gates in their setup. I've heard nothing but horror stories of compound setups on these things utilizing the factory turbo with no gating. It will not last. Im not really sure how they setup stages honestly with the way that compressor wheel(s) works either.

Chris said it very well, and it confirms my feelings that with possibly some seat time on the setup by a tuner, this might not be a very common occurrence

01PSD

Reaction score
Maybe it hadn't had time to break in? :shrug: LOL it's a real bummer for sure, but I wouldn't jump ship just yet, too many variables to observe

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Maybe it hadn't had time to break in? :shrug: LOL it's a real bummer for sure, but I wouldn't jump ship just yet, too many variables to observe

I tend to agree. It was the same way when the 6.4's came out. Not everybody ran out and started bolting precision turbo's and injectors on them. It was a few guys testing and reporting back that really led the way. The 6.7 doesn't have that just yet.

01PSD

Reaction score
Exactly, lots of testing still has to be done. I was pretty surprised to see 100hp injectors in the build list, guess they're in testing. And it's confirmed that no mods had been done to the fuel system?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I tend to agree. It was the same way when the 6.4's came out. Not everybody ran out and started bolting precision turbo's and injectors on them. It was a few guys testing and reporting back that really led the way. The 6.7 doesn't have that just yet.

Glad to see people.pushing them tho...

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Exactly, lots of testing still has to be done. I was pretty surprised to see 100hp injectors in the build list, guess they're in testing. And it's confirmed that no mods had been done to the fuel system?

I was told awhile ago when this build was in progress that it was going to be getting an industrial pump BUT as of right now I haven't heard whether it actually did get one or not....

there definately is enough fuel for 600. and i promise you they will take plenty of power

I have heard way different from several shops working on them. I'd be curious where you heard this.

Glad to see people.pushing them tho...

Absolutely

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I was under the impression a cp4 only flowed enough to.support like 600 even on spray

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
anthony im pretty sure someone is visiting your shop real soon for some tranny work on a 6.7... im sure he will be more than happy to explain

Only way I foresee it being feasible is to do a pump swap. Nothing available currently is able to maintain.

Latest posts

Members online