6.7 Fuel Rail Pressure Drop with Hot Tunes

BK39

Reaction score
Yes sir. Stock lift pump has 210k on it. I was telling a guy how well it was doing as he is getting ready for number 3 on his 2014, so I probably jinxed myself.

This is good to know. Mine did it the other day getting on the freeway, 0-80mph. Blah, just died. And I only have 11k on my truck. Guess it has a weak pump. :eek:

Buck1

Reaction score
No extra noise on mine. I did just change the filters. But I was thinking the same thing. Never happened before, but maybe I was taxing it more than usual. So the question is low pressure or upgrade high pressure?

Last edited:

dseitler

Reaction score
When I started this thread it was in reference to a drop in rail pressure not supply pump pressure. The code you are referring to is a drop in rail pressure where your CP4 cannot supply enough fuel to maintain the rail commanded. Pulling up hill is a perfect example where you can run your CP4 out and not supply your fuel rail with enough fuel to maintain pressure and it will shut off. LPFP will send a different code if it does not supply enough pressure.

Buck1

Reaction score
When I started this thread it was in reference to a drop in rail pressure not supply pump pressure. The code you are referring to is a drop in rail pressure where your CP4 cannot supply enough fuel to maintain the rail commanded. Pulling up hill is a perfect example where you can run your CP4 out and not supply your fuel rail with enough fuel to maintain pressure and it will shut off. LPFP will send a different code if it does not supply enough pressure.

10-4. Thank ya sir!

Reaction score
dseitler,

We're glad that the pumps cured your issue you were having. As Zane said, this kit works excellent on stock or modified trucks.

Reaction score
I wouldn't run a dual fueler without a lift pump. The stock lift pump struggles with tuning alone on some trucks. I would suggest doing a lpfp at the same time.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I have a new LPFP going on this weekend when I delete everything. You know...just in case I need it later. lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.