6.7 Rods?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
:whs: Why should ford give 2 ****s about the .0001 of people that buy these trucks to try and make them into top fuel dragsters.

Overall picture is the engines are holding up just fine in stock working form. Which is the customer that ford needs to keep happy, so he continues buying ford trucks for his company.

NOT the other dik holes who throw compounds in the truck, blow it up, and then expect ford to fix it. Dont get me wrong I love playing with these diesel pickups, but NOBODY honestly NEEDS 600+hp to get the job done.

Its a pay to play game. You want to play big spend the coin and get the carrillo rods then you dont have to worry. JMO.

Now the issues with the C&C trucks they need to address. Its the main reason we dont have a new rollback at the shop.

Yeah that was my point

Why would ford fix something that isnt broke? I could maybe see a turbo charger update or something like that but as far as rods, naw thats not going to happen unless there are allot of failures that i havent heard of.

my point about PMR's was they really arent all that bad, poor rod design ect would lead to failures, just remember ford only built this engine to make about 360 hp at the wheels...

Also from what i have see tuning has been a large factor in the rod failures. THe lack of fuel and poor delivery seams to be what makes the rods truely fail. H&S 6.7 comes to mind with thier aftermarket turbo'd truck

Dustball8504

Reaction score
:whs: Why should ford give 2 ****s about the .0001 of people that buy these trucks to try and make them into top fuel dragsters.

Overall picture is the engines are holding up just fine in stock working form. Which is the customer that ford needs to keep happy, so he continues buying ford trucks for his company.

NOT the other dik holes who throw compounds in the truck, blow it up, and then expect ford to fix it. Dont get me wrong I love playing with these diesel pickups, but NOBODY honestly NEEDS 600+hp to get the job done.

Its a pay to play game. You want to play big spend the coin and get the carrillo rods then you dont have to worry. JMO.

Now the issues with the C&C trucks they need to address. Its the main reason we dont have a new rollback at the shop.

Blasphemy!!! LOL

Actually I agree 100%, that's why I pay to fix mine when it breaks.

Jarrod B

Reaction score
I still disagree. Even our ford dealer is sill replacing the engines cause of 100% stock trucks still throwing rods. They are too weak and cracking.

09stroker

Reaction score
It also doesn't necessarily mean the rods just let go. It could have been an effect of something else going wrong. Not enough info

12stroker

Reaction score
Yes ford did cover it took them 3 months to fix it. Then we get it back and then the fuel system grenaded and had to replace the whole fuel system another 2 months with out a truck.

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
First one I heard of stock also. From what I'm gathering (heard and seen)this truck in stock form (power and reliability)is one of the best that has been built. Aside from some early turbo issues.

Sent while dismantling your neighbors meth lab.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
It was a connecting rod that broke it threw a hole in the bottom of the oil pan.

are you sure there wasnt a bearing failur that went along with it?

How many miles were on that truck

Honestly the first one i have ever heard of

Was it a C&C truck?

12stroker

Reaction score
It was a F250 not a c&c the mechanic just said it was a rod failed on the rebuild sheet. If I can get it from my manager I will post it. And it had 34k on it.

D2HP

Reaction score
How many modified trucks have broken rods? The way it is talked about on here is sounds like a lot, but I would like to hear an actual number. I know about the failure on the SPE truck w/ twins.

Powerstrokeracing

Reaction score
Never seen a broken rod. Not even a problem with a rod. Only major problems I've seen is C&C dropping valves and demolishes a cylinder. That's it never put a motor in a pick up body yet. Seems like the stretch of dropping valves is over for C&C haven't seen one in a while.

Latest posts

Members online