6.7 Rods?

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I'm in real life, see them every day, you can find anything on the Internet, you should see the horror stories on 6.4's I see all the time.

LoL, okay guy. I don't know why people would go through the trouble of starting threads documenting issues and failures with their truck and add pictures of the carnage just to pull one over and everyone.

Do they have unicorns and fairy dust in this "real life" world you live in ?

Powerstrokeracing

Reaction score
LoL, okay guy. I don't know why people would go through the trouble of starting threads documenting issues and failures with their truck and add pictures of the carnage just to pull one over and everyone.

Do they have unicorns and fairy dust in this "real life" world you live in ?

I'm not trying to fight I'm just saying. Everyone rips the 6.7 motors apart when they are great trucks. Honestly most of the 6.4 guys are and idk why that is. Like I said I'm not looking for a fight about it but I see them come in every day and we haven't seen a single major failure out of any pick up 6.7.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
but 6.4s grenade pistons like it's their job. no ones calling them bad motors though. check the threads the past few months on cracked pistons. more than bent rods on a 6.7. and power has nothing to do with our pistons. and I'm biased. I own one of the hunks of crap. LOL we need to have pics and people chime in who have bent rods. just like the 6.4 piston thread.

Sent looking at my blown up 6.4

09stroker

Reaction score
But what % of 6.7 motors actually go down. Sure there is some failing but tere is a a bunch of motor out in this world.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I'm not trying to fight I'm just saying. Everyone rips the 6.7 motors apart when they are great trucks. Honestly most of the 6.4 guys are and idk why that is. Like I said I'm not looking for a fight about it but I see them come in every day and we haven't seen a single major failure out of any pick up 6.7.

I'm not saying they are a POS, just stating others have had those issues that are already out there to read up on. Like I said personally I have only seen the rod issue, but as I have stated there are several reports of other issues on the forums and online. There is noting to fight or argue about over it, its out there if anyone wants to research it.

Powerstrokeracing

Reaction score
I'm not saying they are a POS, just stating others have had those issues that are already out there to read up on. Like I said personally I have only seen the rod issue, but as I have stated there are several reports of other issues on the forums and online. There is noting to fight or argue about over it, its out there if anyone wants to research it.

I'm sure there is here and there but that's with any motor.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
but 6.4s grenade pistons like it's their job. no ones calling them bad motors though. check the threads the past few months on cracked pistons. more than bent rods on a 6.7. and power has nothing to do with our pistons. and I'm biased. I own one of the hunks of crap. LOL we need to have pics and people chime in who have bent rods. just like the 6.4 piston thread.

Sent looking at my blown up 6.4

6.4 piston design is crap no doubt, and the head design is crap too. If the 6.7 had the rod strength of the 6.4 and the fueling that the 6.4 has it would be a beast. Or if the 6.4 had the head flow of a 6.7 that would be awesome too.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
But what % of 6.7 motors actually go down. Sure there is some failing but tere is a a bunch of motor out in this world.

I would like to know as well. I know I personally see 3-4 6.7s on the road for every 1 6.4 I see. Wonder how many they have made already?

WHY NOT

Reaction score

:stupid: There may be a few of them out there that have windowed the block, went though a fuel system, or dropped a valve, but in comparative numbers to other motors these have had far less problems with how many of them are out there. I have yet to talk to a random guy who didn't like his 6.7

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
^^^^WHS!

I searched for about 20 minutes and couldn't find any solid numbers on 6.7 productions or the 6.4 for that matter. My searching skills suck, but I hope one of the google gods on here can find some reliable numbers.

Sent while dismantling your neighbors meth lab.

05PSD

Reaction score
Reaction score
The 6.7 rod issue is a tunning issue more than a quality of rod issue... is it a 12 valve rod? No lol but 12 valves can't make peak boost pretty much wherr ever you want it either... the early tunes for these motors did 2 things, run the turbo past efficiency and fuel it hard in the lower rpms... both don't help rods, then add in the ability of the turbo to make big boost under 2000 rpms and you have a recipe for disaster

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
The 6.7 rod issue is a tunning issue more than a quality of rod issue... is it a 12 valve rod? No lol but 12 valves can't make peak boost pretty much wherr ever you want it either... the early tunes for these motors did 2 things, run the turbo past efficiency and fuel it hard in the lower rpms... both don't help rods, then add in the ability of the turbo to make big boost under 2000 rpms and you have a recipe for disaster

You realize the discussion is the 6.7 Powerstroke and not the 6.7 Cummins right ?

Latest posts

Members online