6.7 Twin Turbo Setup

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
4" IC pipes those look good Dan!! My IC pipes are 3.5" I do not think 4" would have fit as good!

Looking good cant wait to see them done and polished!

Dan

Reaction score
It's ok, were just having a good time with your appetite for large pipe...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!
F45E0A77-65DF-47F5-AD0B-9641250E87A4_zpsgvjieoch.jpg

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
4" IC pipes those look good Dan!! My IC pipes are 3.5" I do not think 4" would have fit as good!

Looking good cant wait to see them done and polished!

3.5" ic pipes are inefficient. dans ic pipes are 3" .

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
I know I can't be the only one wondering......what are the two open pipes going to or for?

Nevermind.....they are going to the intake correct? I didn't see the split pipes coming off the cooler at first

Last edited:

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
3.5" ic pipes are inefficient. dans ic pipes are 3" .

Mike could you explain why?? I have heard this but never had anyone that would explain it to me. Do you mean as far as spool up? or air speed? What does it affect? Ok I thought they were four. My bad!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Mike could you explain why?? I have heard this but never had anyone that would explain it to me. Do you mean as far as spool up? or air speed? What does it affect? Ok I thought they were four. My bad!

loss of velocity has been proven over many years. i know banks did it on their 6.0 kit, and well, everybody that goes back to 3" find spoolup and power better.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
The same volume of air moving threw a 3" pipe will have a higher velocity vs moving threw a 4" pipe is what I guess he means, thats how I would guess it would work at least. Should make more boost in the smaller area vs having to fill such a large area.

Edit: Big P beat me to it

Latest posts

Members online