6.7 Twin Turbo Setup

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
loss of velocity has been proven over many years. i know banks did it on their 6.0 kit, and well, everybody that goes back to 3" find spoolup and power better.

The same volume of air moving threw a 3" pipe will have a higher velocity vs moving threw a 4" pipe is what I guess he means, thats how I would guess it would work at least. Should make more boost in the smaller area vs having to fill such a large area.

Edit: Big P beat me to it

Thanks guys!!! I might have to make a new set and see what happens. The learning never seems to end!! I think it would be neat to see if there is a difference.

Do any of you by chance now if the bigger pipe makes the EGTs hotter? Spool up now is fast and right there! If it got better that would be sweet!

Dan

Reaction score
We had tossed around the idea of going with a 4" charge air pipe, but after doing a bit of research and reading into the topic, the truck has 3" pipe in there from the intercooler to the engine and from the high pressure turbo to the charge air cooler is 3.5" pipe...

Trying to find the happy medium between restriction and velocity...

I'm confident with what's being done here!

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Good call. When you mentioned 4" to me I was worried about your spool up, velocity, etc etc

Dan

Reaction score
So this is exciting!!!

CBFEC2EE-7418-4FAA-9658-41C298597EB9_zpst3lvrp9k.jpg

Reaction score
Unfortunately the masses who are uneducated look at the hp and tq numbers and just vote for the highest one. You should have to give track times or dyno slips to the magazine when you enter. That always pisses me off. Next year I'm gonna enter our 6.0 work truck and say it has 2500hp. Get voted in and bring a 415hp truck and get dead last. Awesome....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.