7.3L Dyno 542hp

OSCS

Reaction score
graphs, like i said he was having severe trouble even being able to get these nukbers so they are a little whack but im ironing them out

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    638.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    909.9 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

OSCS

Reaction score
Pulling fuel back on the bottom end does not mean the tunes have any less fuel at WOT. Smoke and heat = too much fuel for given situation, and will be less efficient, meaning lower performance.

im well aware of that, ive taked to many Happy gearhead customers but 90% say the same thing "it just doesnt have the same pull" runs great thought! im not ready to loose that pull just yet.

like i said im more than happy to provide dyno time for a nice tuner battle LOL

OSCS

Reaction score
That sounds like the deceptive butt dyno that's been proven to be extremely innacurate. Both in ET's and Dyno results.

LOL i know i know but ive heard it from a couple good sources with very similar setups as my own.

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
Well just so you know gearhead tuned a truck with a 38r and 238s to like 540hp... So I wouldnt say is tunes Are low on power... Do you have a chip burner ? Have him send you a teaser tune..

TyCorr

Reaction score
Well just so you know gearhead tuned a truck with a 38r and 238s to like 540hp... So I wouldnt say is tunes Are low on power... Do you have a chip burner ? Have him send you a teaser tune..

While this is true, to be forthright, the truck had Matts cam and some.headwork done as well. That could make up the 40 or so hp.

I.completely understand bigbores comment. Some people like.halfthrottle fueling.at 10% pedal so.as to convey gained power but thats like throttling.yourself in the john so a.girl.thinks your huge. When its full on, its.going to.disappoint. Why would a.guy want the pedal so friggin touchy and sensitive down low. That'd get a.tad.annoying, imo. I like.how my pedal is stockish until past half. Then the truck begins to.feel very nimble.

Last edited:

OSCS

Reaction score

no i dont, i think im about to purchase the minotaur package so well see what happens. As stated before im probably just going to try and work with david a little more.im very impressed with th numbers ive put down especially with this NASTY boost leak

OSCS

Reaction score

IMO im going to have to disagree and say that his tunes can be lower on power than others. Docbar noticed a difference in power when switching from davids. PJ dynod 528 with more goodies than I, granite he has 80% nozzles to my 100%

again i am in no way shape or form talking bad about matts tunes! ive heard they are PHENOMINAL!! my impression has ben that when you run his tunes you sacrifice a little bit of power for alot more driveabillity. which is perfectly understandable and fine im just not ready to do that yet LOL

Last edited:

OSCS

Reaction score
While this is true, to be forthright, the truck had Matts cam and some.headwork done as well. That could make up the 40 or so hp.

I.completely understand bigbores comment. Some people like.halfthrottle fueling.at 10% pedal so.as to convey gained power but thats like throttling.yourself in the john so a.girl.thinks your huge. When its full on, its.going to.disappoint. Why would a.guy want the pedal so friggin touchy and sensitive down low. That'd get a.tad.annoying, imo. I like.how my pedal is stockish until past half. Then the truck begins to.feel very nimble.

I really need to get a burner becuase all ive ever known is davids tunning which i dont need to elaborate on much. I would like to try different tunes im just scared of losing the power i have now.

SevenThree

Reaction score
Pretty sure his main reason for the difference you feel is exactly one of your complaints; the touchy pedal issue that a few people like. I'd look at his parameters at WOT before you trust anyone's butt dyno, of course something with later fuel will feel weaker.

Sent from my mind using ESP.

OSCS

Reaction score
Pretty sure his main reason for the difference you feel is exactly one of your complaints; the touchy pedal issue that a few people like. I'd look at his parameters at WOT before you trust anyone's butt dyno, of course something with later fuel will feel weaker.

Sent from my mind using ESP.

I completely agree man im not trying to bad mouth the mans tunes its just what ive heard from other members with similar setups to mine IE private conversations ive had regarding the subject. I will be working with david and probably run some of matts tunes side by side on my next dyno day. I guess i should have just kept my mouth shut untill i had dyno numbers to back up the facts from different tuners!

ahh this patience thing is tough but im learning LOL

Last edited:

OSCS

Reaction score
I've never, ever, seen anyone, anywhere, besides you, make any reference that could be even remotely construed as to come up with the above statement.

How about this? Im going to keep my mouth shut until i get a side by side comparison of both david and matts tunes. Again this is not a tuner battle thread and im not trying to say that matt has weaker tunes than david. agreed?

OSCS

Reaction score
all seriousness though im SUPER confident she will put down 550 after the boost leak is fixed. Im pretty excited about that. Im really starting to like this combo

bruce

Reaction score
why does it matter what a dyno says if you don't like the way it drives? people get so bent on numbers, its a daily driver so drivability should be number 1 priority

2000wa250

Reaction score
thats only 20 HP less than I made with 200% nozzles and a 467....makes me think my tuning needs some serious tweaks.

young7.3

Reaction score
Truck looks good. Im planning on a nearly identical setup. Gated s366, t500(already installed), 250/200. And im just worried the t500 wont be able to keep up with the injectors. Do you know what duty cycle during the runs was? What's the specs on your charger?

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Does the word six position chip mean a thing hear???

To the OP keep your High power tune!! You can always have a more streetable tune put on your chip!!! You do not always need that power with the tweak of the toe...

It looks to me like it is fueling realy good ALL the way to the top..

Latest posts

Members online