7.3's and 6.7's

7point3

Reaction score
I overheard a conversation today, about 2 guys racing down a state HWY. Other than the stupidity of that, I asked who one, the 2011 owner said..."Well I did of course, he had a 7.3"

My thoughts later, were that, the 6.7 obviously has good H/P (400BHP) and TQ (700+), and that you cant compare a stock 7.3 to a stock 6.7, or a stock 6.7 to a modded 7.3.

But IMO....the 6.7 is really already "modded" at the factory. Just an example: Most if not all new Vettes will outrun just about any older muscled up vettes.
They are factory hot rods.

I think the 6.7 is a factory hot hod, so it is fair to compare modded 7.3's to them

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
The way I see it, $15K+$3000 in mods =$18K for a truck that does everything that the $50,000+ dollar truck does while getting the same or better mileage.

Its all relative. Compare them price for price and you may feel a little better.

neverkickn

Reaction score
The way I see it, $15K+$3000 in mods =$18K for a truck that does everything that the $50,000+ dollar truck does while getting the same or better mileage.

Its all relative. Compare them price for price and you may feel a little better.

LMAO at your sig link and smileyLOL

I think I will keep driving my old 7.3 but mainly cause I dont have the cash to drop on a new one.......Then again if I had 50k laying around then I could do a hell of a lot to church up a 10 yr old truck.

Aljay

Reaction score

Thats the way I look at it too !

09stroker

Reaction score
The way I see it if someone has the cash to buy a new truck let them. If it has more power than a tuned 7.3, great.

Why does everyone have to justify driving a 7.3?? Who cares let people drive what they want....

BFT

Reaction score
the guy that one probably had the A/C going on in the seats cooling down his cornhole

Bulletproof7.3

Reaction score
Enjoy my old 7.3 but love the way the new ones look. Would enjoy mine being quieter is all. Other than that i dont think i would ever trade for a 50,000$ truck.

TARM

Reaction score
I think I would choose to go with the 6.4 to be honest at this point.

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
If I had the money I would do a 500hp build on an 03 7.3 or I would do a CR 5.9 into a nice 99+ and swap the interior around to something nicer.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Well if we're going there.... I really want to do an 08 front clip mirror and tailgate conversion, and a king ranch style interior. My truck would then be perfectly most awesomely complete!!!

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Screw it drive what you can afford that can do the job you ask it to do. I loved my 7.3 - and I honestly miss it. Its seriously been on my mind to sell my twinned Dmax and get another 7.3 for DD trailer towing duties. The PSD would obviously be a 6 speed manual truck with compounds setup for towing - preferably a CC F550 with a western hauler bed and a leather interior - or at least something close enough that I can end up with that after some modifications.

7point3

Reaction score
The way I see it if someone has the cash to buy a new truck let them. If it has more power than a tuned 7.3, great.

Why does everyone have to justify driving a 7.3?? Who cares let people drive what they want....

No no....Sorry, that's not what I meant.

My point is just that a modded 7.3 can be compared to a 6.7, as they are modded at the factory. Technology that didn't exist a few years ago, or they just weren't willing to use it then.

I told the guy " I bet you can't beat MY 7.3 " His response was, why, do you have it all souped up?" My response was, " yeah, but yours is souped up FROM the factory" He said, "How do you figure". I just said never mind

09stroker

Reaction score
No no....Sorry, that's not what I meant.

My point is just that a modded 7.3 can be compared to a 6.7, as they are modded at the factory. Technology that didn't exist a few years ago, or they just weren't willing to use it then.

I told the guy " I bet you can't beat MY 7.3 " His response was, why, do you have it all souped up?" My response was, " yeah, but yours is souped up FROM the factory" He said, "How do you figure". I just said never mind

Sorry it wasn't directed toward you.
In a sense they are, but tune a 6.7 and they are a different animal. Not as powerful as a tuned 6.4 but it'll definatly scoot. :thumbsup:

steele86

Reaction score
what happend to the old ways, drive your truck until its dead then drive it some more. and comparing the 7.3 to 6.0, 6.4 or the 6.7 why the 7.3 is old tech the only this that matters is mpg and power. i wish i got better then 14 mpg with my 7.3 but i don't and thats ok my truck is paid for

Latest posts

Members online