7.3's and 6.7's

dmd

Reaction score
I will have to see if I can find the part numbers... It was probably 8 years ago I bought them.. Had to go to the dealer and look through their slides..

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Haha i love my 7.3 but if I had the chance I would get a brand new truck in a heartbeat... I think it's funny when people justify owning their 7.3 over a new truck, **** you know why I have a 7.3? Because I don't have the cash for a new truck, that's it no other reason than that! I don't care what you do to my truck it won't be as nice as a new one.. 99% of the people I see who are trying to convince others how great the 7.3 Is over a new truck do it for one reason because they can't afford a new truck and they are pissy about it lol

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Haha i love my 7.3 but if I had the chance I would get a brand new truck in a heartbeat... I think it's funny when people justify owning their 7.3 over a new truck, **** you know why I have a 7.3? Because I don't have the cash for a new truck, that's it no other reason than that! I don't care what you do to my truck it won't be as nice as a new one.. 99% of the people I see who are trying to convince others how great the 7.3 Is over a new truck do it for one reason because they can't afford a new truck and they are pissy about it lol

:joy:

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
That's not true. Even if I had a new truck, I still wouldn't lose my 7.3 for it. Some of us just love the sound and feel of a 7.3. For some its a nostalgia thing.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Its :jo y: :joy: people that can read can see that

On a side note just so you know my full views of this issue, vanderchevy, I fully stand by and agree and practice your view. If I were to consider buying another diesel, I wouldn't lose my 6.0 for it.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
That's not true. Even if I had a new truck, I still wouldn't lose my 7.3 for it. Some of us just love the sound and feel of a 7.3. For some its a nostalgia thing.

That's why I said 99% i would love to keep my truck and get a new one and I never said I would get rid of my truck if I got a new one.... I was referring to the people who bad mouth or down play how nice new trucks are just because they cant get one

steele86

Reaction score
i didn't mean to come off as a ass i don't understand why people compare old stuff to the new and say one is better then the other with out owning one or the other. and just driving or racing is not a reason the compare, making the truck work hard all day long is a good reason to compare. that was my point

SkySki Jason

Reaction score
I beat a 6.7 a couple weeks ago, but he wasn't in 4wd and I was... Lol. When I lined up with him, I was sure I'd get smoked and was shocked to beat him down the 1/8th. Then I saw this pic and it was all clear! :rolleyes:

rre2011_0041.jpg

The problem I have with a 'new' truck is I'd have to learn new stuff - since I'm just a dum redneck, its taken me 8yrs to learn what little (I think) I know about 7.3's. Besides, after all these miles in the (2) 7.3's - I'm too emotionally invested to change up... :( Basically, I just LIKE them!!

SoCalPSD

Reaction score
Looked at a 6.4 today for a work truck. Trying to get my own thing goin and the guy offered a to drop the price if i give him my truck. I told him i wasn't interested in letting my truck go. Like Vander said it is what it is. I love the loud 7.3 cackle, the exhaust tone through a straight pipe and well the nostalgia that goes with it.

Denver

Reaction score
I overheard a conversation today, about 2 guys racing down a state HWY. Other than the stupidity of that, I asked who one, the 2011 owner said..."Well I did of course, he had a 7.3"

My thoughts later, were that, the 6.7 obviously has good H/P (400BHP) and TQ (700+), and that you cant compare a stock 7.3 to a stock 6.7, or a stock 6.7 to a modded 7.3.

But IMO....the 6.7 is really already "modded" at the factory. Just an example: Most if not all new Vettes will outrun just about any older muscled up vettes.
They are factory hot rods.

I think the 6.7 is a factory hot hod, so it is fair to compare modded 7.3's to them

I don't think the 6.7's are already "modded" from the factory. They are just built to meet today’s consumers needs and emissions standards. You gotta remember that the 7.3 was introduced in late 94 and revised once for the superdutys and lasted until 12/02. The 6.7's came out 4/11 I think. There is a 17 year gap there. A lot of new technology over that time and more demand out of these trucks.

TARM

Reaction score
The 6.7 is modded Ford themselves did as part of marketing. Did they not change the computer tune to get more HP@ tq not only on new ones from that point but offered the "upgraded" tune to all those that had purchased them previously?

09stroker

Reaction score
The 6.7 is modded Ford themselves did as part of marketing. Did they not change the computer tune to get more HP@ tq not only on new ones from that point but offered the "upgraded" tune to all those that had purchased them previously?
Ford did it with 7.3's too......new year model, new power numbers.

TARM

Reaction score
It was meant to be sarcastic. Sorry it looks like the icons did not get posted for some reason.

Actually I think its all a bit ridiculous.

Gootee

Reaction score
If I had the money, I think of have to restore my 97' not because its what I own, but because I like them. Anymore you see a super duty everywhere. I think they (obs) sound and look like a real truck. Of course I'd love a smoother ride and updated features such as a DVD player in the dash or something. I'd rather put my 50k into my 97 to make it how exacty how I want it

Arisley

Reaction score
If I had the money, I think of have to restore my 97' not because its what I own, but because I like them. Anymore you see a super duty everywhere. I think they (obs) sound and look like a real truck. Of course I'd love a smoother ride and updated features such as a DVD player in the dash or something. I'd rather put my 50k into my 97 to make it how exacty how I want it

I especially like how the OBS extended cab's don't have back doors.

TARM

Reaction score
What I really think about old versus new driven off the dealers lot:

First I personally will never pay to drive a new vehicle off a dealer lot. To me that's throwing away 20% of my money. Beyond that though:

Give me a 97 CCLBSRW which you could pick up one with a good body but no drive train for a few grand. I love the look of these trucks how damn long they are etc. But of course they are rattle boxes that will knock your fillings loose and could use some beefing up for the frame in stock form. I would be much more satisfied putting 100s of hours of labor installing all new tech parts to make it everything current model years are than putting out a bit more $$ and driving a new model year truck off the dealer lot.

.Throw a fully built 7.3 or even a 6.4, cummins whatever flavor you like in there if thats your thing. Some 08+ axles with 4 links, fully decked out custom interior from dash to floor pans. A countless number of personal touches. That to me is so much more appealing than anything you could ever drive off a dealers lot.

Why start with a $60K truck you still are gonna end up dumping another $10-$20K to get it where you REALLY want it to be.

If I wanted a drag queen I would be much happier with something like Nate put together with the blue side step truck. ( Hopefully he will have everything worked out soon) Love that truck.

Jason

Reaction score
I love my truck. Plain and simple, when these things first came out, and I saw my first black and tan ccsb 4x4 I knew that's what i had to have...and I have one. No, there are no cooled cup holders or ac systems in the seats, but it's a truck, it's a noisy bastard standing next to it, it's not the smoothest riding, but it's a TRUCK. I dig the new ones, and props to guys who have them, but alot of the amenities are things I don't need. I have a luxury suv for those kinds of things. I love the sound of the 7.3, and the feel of it, Its paid for and does everything I want it to do.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.