7.3's and 6.7's

StrokerTurbo7.3

Reaction score
I've been on the forums 4 years now and one thing has not changed one bit and that's the Power Stroke guys will always bicker which one is best. The brief browsing i have been on the Cummins and Duramax forums I never see that. WHO THE *** CARES?!?! We should be arguing that our trucks and engines are better than theirs, you know the guys on the other forums...

I would love to have a new truck or newer truck. I've got my reliable truck but anybody that owns an OBS knows the ride is not a damn thing to brag about and the noise i don't care about.:D

FN74

Reaction score
Both Sides of the Fence

We are ALL in the "Army" here and this is an interesting debate. I think it is healthy so long as we are being objective, and not Bashing our own Powerstroke soldiers just because they might be in the chAir Force and not have to do real work for a living. :evil

Not sure about many others, but I have been able to be on both sides, New truck and Old.

Back in 08 my Daily Driver was a Late 1999 CCSB that I have modified just about everything on the truck. Well after discovering that I had cracked the block after a year at 500hp:shrug: I started what would be a 2yr 7.3 ultimate build.

In the meantime, I bought a Brand New FX4 CCLBSRW. Deep Blue, Black Leather with white pinstriping, all the whistles to drive. LOVED the truck. Was afraid to take it offroad. Still under warranty. Afraid to modify it. So clean, required hours of attention to keep it that way, and Of course, it is new, quiet, good power. Everything you expect from a brand new vehicle. But in order to get it where I would want it, I would have to invest Thousands more- Lift kit, Gears, Bumpers, yada yada yada. You all know the list.

The time came, finally when I was able to put my old 7.3 back on the road with the new motor, and also a 2007 front suspension and differential. For a period of time I thought I might just sell my 7.3 when it is back on the road and keep the 08. After my first Drive I Realized immediately that would be a HUGE mistake. My 99 is MY truck. I built it. It is MY work of art. I have tailored it to do what I want, how I want it. And to look mostly how I want. Plus the seat seems to fit my big ass like a glove. It is paid for, I know how to work on it, and know everything about everything in the truck. I think I actually shed a damn tear when I took it out for the first drive in 2 years.

Guess which one I still have? Do I miss the 08, sure. Wasn't anything at all wrong with it. But would I trade my 99 straight across for even a brand new 6.7 and have to start over? Not a chance. At least not until I am old and demented and don't want to work on my own stuff anymore.

Last edited:

TARM

Reaction score
There is another truth about old versus new that usually holds true for a long time. Older things are almost always cheaper to maintain and keep going than something newer.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.