700 hp goal build

m_j

Reaction score
Mattman's truck has proved the opposite. Although it's not the norm and billet rods provide that extra insurance it's just a tough pill to swallow dropping the coin on them.

how many motors has he put in it? my recollection is its not the original.
you wont be the first person (even in the small group that is posting in this thread) to try the combo

isootmypants

Reaction score
My srp1.1 held just fine when I had it, Jacob bray now has it and dynoed 650 I think, still holding good icp and duty cycle at WOT, Caylon has one still, dynoed close to 700, holds just fine too. Track and street

powerjoke73

Reaction score
The CNC programming prices are in my price range so I may get a small port job. After talking with Jonathan he agrees it is the bottleneck for these engines and can really wake up the engine.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Is the srp 1.1 not capable of running the 300/200's? I was under the impression it was a good pair with those injectors.

On edit: I do remember Matt saying he switched to twins for racing and pulls now that I think about it so maybe it can't keep up in the higher tunes.

No his pump took a shti is why. And now hes trying to make max hp so duals are necesary with his injectors.

And from what i gathered in conversations this is motor #2. The original was ran with 160/100s and then 350/200s and then a rod layed over after a couple years.

97f350stroker

Reaction score
No his pump took a shti is why. And now hes trying to make max hp so duals are necesary with his injectors.

And from what i gathered in conversations this is motor #2. The original was ran with 160/100s and then 350/200s and then a rod layed over after a couple years.

Yea I think you're right about being motor #2, I didn't know his stealth pump took a chit though. I know he just sprayed the hell out of that motor and it's still going so either he's got tuning perfected or that motor is a freak. Kinda like Pontiacross's motor a while back. No one counted on that thing staying together either.

isootmypants

Reaction score
Pontiacroas motor had a big charger and lots of fuel. High rpm kept that thing together. Cylinder pressures weren't spiked at low rpm which Windows blocks

isootmypants

Reaction score
Yea I think you're right about being motor #2, I didn't know his stealth pump took a chit though. I know he just sprayed the hell out of that motor and it's still going so either he's got tuning perfected or that motor is a freak. Kinda like Pontiacross's motor a while back. No one counted on that thing staying together either.

This motor is like 3 or 4. He threw carillos in it a while back but the heads cracked shortly after. Those rods were out in without balancing and it ran smooth. he pulled that motor and put in a stock forged cause he didn't want to waste good rods, and sprayed to high hell

m_j

Reaction score
that is pretty surprizing, huge amount of metal came off my crank to balance for the manleys

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Pontiacroas motor had a big charger and lots of fuel. High rpm kept that thing together. Cylinder pressures weren't spiked at low rpm which Windows blocks
that was with hours and hours and hours of tuning on swamps engine dyno. made more horse power then tq. s480 stock block, stock heads with head studs, stock cam, stock crank, stock forged rods, gen 3, 400/400s, i believe comp 910s shimmed to hell.. made just over 750fwhp.. ran 3600-3800rpm down the track.. smooth running truck.

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

isootmypants

Reaction score
that was with hours and hours and hours of tuning on swamps engine dyno. made more horse power then tq. s480 stock block, stock heads with head studs, stock cam, stock crank, stock forged rods, gen 3, 400/400s, i believe comp 910s shimmed to hell.. made just over 750fwhp.. ran 3600-3800rpm down the track.. smooth running truck.

live life full throttle

400/600 I thought. And yes hours and hours of tuning. But the hp curve was wayyyyy longer in the higher rpms

97f350stroker

Reaction score
This motor is like 3 or 4. He threw carillos in it a while back but the heads cracked shortly after. Those rods were out in without balancing and it ran smooth. he pulled that motor and put in a stock forged cause he didn't want to waste good rods, and sprayed to high hell
Interesting, I didn't know he ever had billet rods in there.
400/600 I thought. And yes hours and hours of tuning. But the hp curve was wayyyyy longer in the higher rpms
Yea I was thinking he made peak hp up over 4k rpms. I realize the cylinder pressure down low is what compromises the rods I was just using ross's motor in comparison because his hp curve was so out of the norm and ran so well.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Interesting, I didn't know he ever had billet rods in there.

Yea I was thinking he made peak hp up over 4k rpms. I realize the cylinder pressure down low is what compromises the rods I was just using ross's motor in comparison because his hp curve was so out of the norm and ran so well.
i think peak was near 3800rpm. ill try to go back and find his sheet. been a while though.

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
dyno15.jpg

dyno25.jpg

dyno35.jpg

peak power somewhere around 4100rpm 220,000mile stock bottom end, stock cam, stock heads, stock rockers, smith brothers push tubes, comp 910 springs, and h11 studs. I think it actually made more power than that but I think this was 20+ runs into the day so power was probably down some due to heat. and this was with a stock Inter cooler instead of my air to water cooler. I think they are getting about another 100hp out of the same basic setup now with head work and a cam.

I did end up blowing a head gasket but I think the damage was done before we got to that level when we first put it on the dyno we made some ridiculous torque numbers and it puked water several times while running it. pistons and everything else looked fine when I tore it down. I pulled this engine 5 or 6 seasons, we dyno tuned it before the last season.

moral of the story I am a firm believer in more rpms and less low end torque

i think peak was near 3800rpm. ill try to go back and find his sheet. been a while though.

live life full throttle

found it

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
peaked at 4110 but stayed above 700fwhp from 3700rpm on up..

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online