700 hp goal build

cbf9703

Reaction score
However, it has been suggested that I upgrade so I am trying to decide between the a1000 and the fuel lab equivalent.
I've had good results with the aeromotive, can't speak from personal experience with the fuel lab equivalent.
I think airflow would be the limiting factor, i.e. heads and maybe turbo, depending on how "clean", and driveable you want this to be.
Port work is expensive, lol.
Yep. Headwork makes a big difference on air.

OP, you asked about porting. If you really want to get into it, call Swamps and ask a few questions. They have done a lot of 7.3 port and polish testing with both flow bench and engine dyno testing to analyze results. They worked with Mondello racing to help address our airflow issues.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

emev0l

Reaction score
I've had good results with the aeromotive, can't speak from personal experience with the fuel lab equivalent.

Yep. Headwork makes a big difference on air.

OP, you asked about porting. If you really want to get into it, call Swamps and ask a few questions. They have done a lot of 7.3 port and polish testing with both flow bench and engine dyno testing to analyze results. They worked with Mondello racing to help address our airflow issues.

Mondello still ports 7.3 heads

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
The right turbo makes all the difference. I had a comp 72mm and I believe a hair dryer blew more air. I then switched to a custom Garrett charger and I picked up .4 secs in the 1/8 on fuel. So picking the proper air setup is important too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

powerjoke73

Reaction score
Just talked with Jonathan from Dyno Proven. The pump is a Vp 044 Bosch pump. He said that with his fuel system he holds 65 psi with these injectors at WOT. As for answers to the HPOP. I am a tester for a pump that yes would be considered the SR. pump. Once the truck is done I will go do some data logging at there shop for them. They are now doing port work (somewhat trying to get it repeatable) and said he may be able to help me out.

Last edited:

powerjoke73

Reaction score
Also, yes I understand with my setup 700 is a stretch. I chose the S467.7 because I will drive the truck a good deal and tow with it so I wanted something that would still spool in a tow tune without a ton of problems. The truck will prob only hit 600-670 hp if everything keeps up. I have learned a lot about this setup and I am sure I will have more questions in the future but I just want to say thank you to everyone who has given suggestions and tried to steer me in the right direction.

cbf9703

Reaction score
Mondello still ports 7.3 heads
Yes, they do and have tested them on their flow benches. I was just saying that Swamps then tried some additional R&D for their higher HP applications and went the next step and tested them on the engine dyno to see how different porting ideas impacted actual performance, not just flow numbers. They don't always correlate in the way you think they will.... anyway, that's just my .02, carry on gentlemen.

97f350stroker

Reaction score
Also, yes I understand with my setup 700 is a stretch. I chose the S467.7 because I will drive the truck a good deal and tow with it so I wanted something that would still spool in a tow tune without a ton of problems. The truck will prob only hit 600-670 hp if everything keeps up. I have learned a lot about this setup and I am sure I will have more questions in the future but I just want to say thank you to everyone who has given suggestions and tried to steer me in the right direction.

I actually just picked up another motor to get my truck back together so I'm interested to see how this comes along. I'm sending my injectors back to pis to get checked out and thought about maybe having them built into a 300cc injector. Not sure if it's worth going from a 230 to 300 though as I'm sure my hpop would need upgraded. I was also wondering if it was worth putting the girdle while still keeping the forged rods. I haven't tore mine down yet but I'm almost betting if a girdle was there my truck would still be running.

emev0l

Reaction score
I actually just picked up another motor to get my truck back together so I'm interested to see how this comes along. I'm sending my injectors back to pis to get checked out and thought about maybe having them built into a 300cc injector. Not sure if it's worth going from a 230 to 300 though as I'm sure my hpop would need upgraded. I was also wondering if it was worth putting the girdle while still keeping the forged rods. I haven't tore mine down yet but I'm almost betting if a girdle was there my truck would still be running.

It's worth it! As long as you have a turbo and HPOP that can take advantage of the added fuel. If you throw a girdle on I highly suggest having the mains line honed and yes it is worth it to girdle it with forged rods, it's always better to buy rods but $2,500+ is pretty out of the question for most people when you can just swap used long blocks in for much much less. You need a lot of oil and a lot of fuel to hold 300+ cc injectors, if not just stick with 230's

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Again, unless the tuning has changed or corrected the torque that comes with running an S468 and 300/200's the stock rods don't like the cylinder pressure in the lower RPMs.

97f350stroker

Reaction score
Again, unless the tuning has changed or corrected the torque that comes with running an S468 and 300/200's the stock rods don't like the cylinder pressure in the lower RPMs.

Mattman's truck has proved the opposite. Although it's not the norm and billet rods provide that extra insurance it's just a tough pill to swallow dropping the coin on them.

m_j

Reaction score
swamps pricing for cnc work wasnt bad. the package they advertise has a good sticker shock until you go through the list of parts included in it.

superpsd

Reaction score
So is it a SRP1.1 to SR converted pump or an actual SR from scratch. I'm running a HB SR and very happy with it so far.

Reaction score
I have one of the Sr pumps but not sure if it's an srp converted or an actual Sr. As soon as I get the motor running right I'll find out how it does. I'm also running 300/200's. And I'm running a single bosch 044 so far it's holding pressure just fine.

97f350stroker

Reaction score
Is the srp 1.1 not capable of running the 300/200's? I was under the impression it was a good pair with those injectors.

On edit: I do remember Matt saying he switched to twins for racing and pulls now that I think about it so maybe it can't keep up in the higher tunes.

psduser1

Reaction score
Is the srp 1.1 not capable of running the 300/200's? I was under the impression it was a good pair with those injectors.

On edit: I do remember Matt saying he switched to twins for racing and pulls now that I think about it so maybe it can't keep up in the higher tunes.

I'd say no. You'd give up some potential with any single.
Enough oil for a spike on the dyno, but not sustainable for a pull or racetruck.

97f350stroker

Reaction score
I'd say no. You'd give up some potential with any single.
Enough oil for a spike on the dyno, but not sustainable for a pull or racetruck.

Makes sense. Kind of like my t500 with these 230's it's just not quite enough. I'm sure tuning has come along a good but for dual pumps. It sucks when you don't really live near anyone that can live tune.