700 hp goal build

emev0l

Reaction score
I ran my ccsb with 280,000+ miles at the strip and at the sand dunes with paddle tires with stock driveshafts, the 2 piece rear took it like a champ, if nothings sloppy then run it.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Well when it does go I will replace the parts but for now factory is doing the trick so I see no need is wasting money on something that isn't broke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. As soon as you say that, well, you know.

mattman347

Reaction score
The stock drive train will be fine as far as axles and transfer case goes, now driveshafts and u-joints may be a little bit to worry about though. And FYI, technically only engine #2, the original one lasted 15k after the big injectors and spray and then it BENT a rod. The Carillo engine was in for a very short time and I decided to try and pus forged rods farther with some little tricks in the engine to free up some friction and it appeared to have worked.

Most people will have trouble with forged rods, I'm not special or lucky (well maybe a little) I specifically built the engine to last a season and it far exceeded my expectations. The tuning played a HUGE role in keeping mine together.

isootmypants

Reaction score
The stock drive train will be fine as far as axles and transfer case goes, now driveshafts and u-joints may be a little bit to worry about though. And FYI, technically only engine #2, the original one lasted 15k after the big injectors and spray and then it BENT a rod. The Carillo engine was in for a very short time and I decided to try and pus forged rods farther with some little tricks in the engine to free up some friction and it appeared to have worked.

Most people will have trouble with forged rods, I'm not special or lucky (well maybe a little) I specifically built the engine to last a season and it far exceeded my expectations. The tuning played a HUGE role in keeping mine together.

My bad Matt. I thought I had it correct with engine #'s. I knew you didn't run that carillo motor for long and put a forged back in it. Pushing that forged rod short block to the max!

TyCorr

Reaction score
jinx jinx jinx!!!!

I really wish i knew more about your ccsb truck.

Ive got a 2000 ccsb that i have 250/200s in. It needs studded and i was dead set on swamps or irates purpose built valvesprings but now im not sure its really worth obsessing over. It has all the other mods. Im gonna rock out with this setup and if it works well, great. If I have a bunch of electrical issues and sendirs doing crazy stuff ill sell the aftermarket parts have this good low mile pmr block torn down and built up good. And im gonna go to a mechanical setup so I know it can indefinitely be repaired. Ive pretty much completely redone this truck so I cant really justify getting rid of it.

powerjoke73

Reaction score
I am hoping the stock driveshaft holds out. I am now going to save up to make the truck a shorty. I guess if it goes I will try to find a used one to throw on. Don't want to put the money into a custom one until I have to.

ghohouston

Reaction score
I really wish i knew more about your ccsb truck.

Ive got a 2000 ccsb that i have 250/200s in. It needs studded and i was dead set on swamps or irates purpose built valvesprings but now im not sure its really worth obsessing over. It has all the other mods. Im gonna rock out with this setup and if it works well, great. If I have a bunch of electrical issues and sendirs doing crazy stuff ill sell the aftermarket parts have this good low mile pmr block torn down and built up good. And im gonna go to a mechanical setup so I know it can indefinitely be repaired. Ive pretty much completely redone this truck so I cant really justify getting rid of it.

Mechanical huh?

powerjoke73

Reaction score
Wondering what everyones mileage is running 300/200's or 250/200. I understand it wont be great but still hoping I can squeak out like 14 mpg on a longer drive?

Reaction score
Wondering what everyones mileage is running 300/200's or 250/200. I understand it wont be great but still hoping I can squeak out like 14 mpg on a longer drive?

I get about 10-12 on 37s with 4.10s. I used to get 12-15 before the 300/200s when I had 200/80s

powerjoke73

Reaction score
I got 14-19 on 33s with 3.73 back when i had 238/100s. Then again the smaller tire and lower rpms helps.

TyCorr

Reaction score

250/200s....16 on the highway...usually around ten city and horrible if i hammer it often....

Swaan

Reaction score
It must something about the 200% nozzle causing the crappy mileage.

Lmao! Geez do ya think. There's no denying they make power but fuel mileage is not one of there strong points.
Atomization is key for fuel mileage and a 200% nozzle is pretty much like pissing in the wind at low icp.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I am hoping the stock driveshaft holds out. I am now going to save up to make the truck a shorty. I guess if it goes I will try to find a used one to throw on. Don't want to put the money into a custom one until I have to.
they can handle a lot of abuse. stick with spicer u - joints and rock out
live tuning is key. no reason to get worse then stock mpg ..
Lmao! Geez do ya think. There's no denying they make power but fuel mileage is not one of there strong points.
Atomization is key for fuel mileage and a 200% nozzle is pretty much like pissing in the wind at low icp.
ummmm... no.. tunes need adjustment.
low ICP? nobody wants that. get better tunes
exactly.

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

TyCorr

Reaction score
It must something about the 200% nozzle causing the crappy mileage.

I get 20 highway 17 city with 250/200

I dont think 16 is terrible. Its a 8klb truck on 35" tires.

Low icp? Whats that have to do with mileage? And the spray isnt lacking with a 200% nozzle. Im not sure what you were told but an 80% nozzle and a 200% nozzle are both virgin nozzles, the edges of the orifices over which the fuel passes are the same and atomization will be too.

Getting 16 with 250/200s and getting near 20 with stock everything are relevant in a discussion about fuel mileage but the similarity stops there. Its 100x easier to get to a cruising speed with a medium hp setup(200% nozzle).

I always felt like a codes with a small nozzle(ac 30, 80, 100) were a compromise. You get a bump in power but the truck is struggling against that nozzle. A daily driver or what is called a tow tune on a stock chip makes as much power as the 175/80s do. And it runs cooler to boot. 200 degrees. People are really over simplifying the nozzles. Its not 2009. My 250/200 tunes from php worked right out of the gate like a custom tuned chip does on a stock truck.

Bill really refined his database of files when he did all that testing three years ago on Jason Seay's dually. Forged rods, studs, springs, p rods, bts, 250/200s, bullet wheel. They started around 525 in the dyno which for boxed tunes is great. Then massaged it to 550 something...then added a billet wheel picking up 5lbs of boost and dynoing 603hp. Whether the numbers were right on with the gold standard, the 525 baseline is pretty damn common and acceptable as what it should make. Its an efficient setup.

That translates to decent mpg. If you're happy with a codes and what you have, thats cool. But im not buying 20mpg out of an acode truck over a hybrid with 200% nozzles because A) where fuel economy happens the nozzle doesnt matter B) Ive had both and the a code to be in that efficient range isnt making power much higher than a stock truck running ragged.

No pissing match but tuned to run clean and not using huge amounts of pw that translates into heat my 175/80 38r combo dynoed 420hp. That was the max power i could extract before i started to run into egt or smoke issues towing. Hell empty for that matter. At 450hp it was starting to have to be handled to keep smoke and heat minimized. And outside clean and cool operation those injectors get terrible mileage to boot.

200% nozzles arent limited by that.

Run what you want. But 200s arent scary. And 16mpg is good in my opinion.

Heres a cclb dually with 250/200s and 38r pho tuned going from 15-20mph to 90 in the tip if a toe and if you watch the mirrors it didnt appear to smoke at all.
https://youtu.be/LeCSNfvZ_zc

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online