932hp single turbo, fuel only

njjeep

Reaction score
Yeah Jason I did. To bad I'm stuck 350 miles offshore right now though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imelmo

Reaction score
That engine in a 7400 pound truck would run an 11.2. Anything lighter you would be in the high tens on fuel only that would make it the fastest fuel only 7.3 "truck" according to the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'll need more than 750 to do an 11.2

Takes 860 rwhp to et an 11.2 at 7400 lbs

I think he was putting in trap speeds that would make the flywheel hp correlate, not the rwhp. The calculator is correct for rwhp. The flywheel hp is way off though. I'm pretty sure our trucks have more than 8% driveline loss. LOL

If you take the 932 flywheel hp, 15% loss is 792rwhp. In a 7400lb truck that'd be trapping about 116mph (3mph faster than my truck). So that's a mid to high 11 depending on the 60'.

750rwhpCalc_zpsb2017bfe.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Didn't you guys sponsor "the lone stroke" I heard he was putting down some serious #s and the development he was able to help you guys with testing different parts was pretty substantial, I know he was giving those 12vs fits, I think the 7.3s have a lot of potential left, I think once we are able to flow 600cc of fuel efficiently, which with the right hands in this industry we can will take the 2.6 class by storm, the problem the 7.3 has is speculators, not innovators, yes it hard to make power with it, but I ported my own heads, very hard and demanding job, and took many hrs of clay shaping and patience but it was worth it.. These guys really work hard like the men at Full Force do, it truly is a blessing to live so close to both shops.. My hats off to this motor, good to see the 7.3 making its way.

Reaction score
I think once we are able to flow 600cc of fuel efficiently, which with the right hands in this industry we can will take the 2.6 class by storm

Pontiac Ross's old lone stroke? It has a cummins in it now...

And what are gonna do with 600cc of fuel?

My injectors flow 340 cc at around 2.3ms at 24.5k psi.

And I know in making over 1000 flywheel. And I also qualified at Schieds in 2.6

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
the 7.3 injectors are slow period. The only way a 7.3 will compete is a different injection system. I have a soft spot for 7.3's that why i keep mine around but the day of a 7.3 injector making huge power will never come.

pontiacross

Reaction score
Pontiac Ross's old lone stroke? It has a cummins in it now...

And what are gonna do with 600cc of fuel?

My injectors flow 340 cc at around 2.3ms at 24.5k psi.

And I know in making over 1000 flywheel. And I also qualified at Schieds in 2.6

for the record I sold the truck because I want to build a open drive line truck with a mechanical or cr 7.3 we'll see how things play out in the next couple of years. My old truck dose have a 5.9 in it because I sold it with out the engine and the guy who purchased it wanted cheap and easy and is running it in a 2.5 class with a turned up stock pump, bigger injectors and a stock turbo.

Reaction score
for the record I sold the truck because I want to build a open drive line truck with a mechanical or cr 7.3 we'll see how things play out in the next couple of years. My old truck dose have a 5.9 in it because I sold it with out the engine and the guy who purchased it wanted cheap and easy and is running it in a 2.5 class with a turned up stock pump, bigger injectors and a stock turbo.

Yes, I know why you sold it. I was referring to the guy who was speaking about your truck like it still had a 7.3 in it.

I think an open driveline is where the 7.3 shines. Where no fuel or turbo restrictions to allow for the cubic inch to really shine.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.