99.5 PSD cutting out

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
you might be able to find a good older scanner on fleabay.. i have a older otc, that i bought from a member on here, that can only scan up to 2007 model years but it will do everything i need it to code wise for my 7.3.... mac taskmaster, snapon, otc, most can be found for a few hundy if you cant do the ae/laptop thing...

live life full throttle

ghohouston

Reaction score
I cant believe no one has suggested your idm, it most def. Could be your idm,uvch, cps, unlikely but could be pcm or ground/ chaffed wire. Im leaning towards uvch or idm though

high desert stroke

Reaction score
Ok, heres what we found. P0122 TP sensor A low imput and P0470 Exhaust pressure circuit fault. So...am I correct thats the TPS and EBPV? I just put a new TPS in last month or so.

We also ran my first injector buzz test. No codes and they all fired and sounded equal but I expected them to be louder. Never done a buzz before, so how loud should they be?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
buzz test is quite loud. with the hood up its way loud.. do you still have access to that scanner and can it read back pressure? may be a plugged ebps tube or faulty sensor or its plugged also.

live life full throttle

high desert stroke

Reaction score
buzz test is quite loud. with the hood up its way loud.. do you still have access to that scanner and can it read back pressure? may be a plugged ebps tube or faulty sensor or its plugged also.

live life full throttle

my hood was up and it was not loud at all. We used a snap on solus. My buddy did it so im not sure if it can read back pressure. What would a back pressure test tell me?
I will be cleaning the ebpv tube and sensor this week.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
if the back pressure reads in the teens then more then likely its good and not the problem or even clogged. if its a lot higher then that then more then likely its clogged or junk. is that the first time the codes have been read after the tps install? if it is, clear the codes and see if it comes back. if it doesn't then it was just a stored code and the tps is good now...

live life full throttle

Last edited:

high desert stroke

Reaction score
if the back pressure reads in the teens then more then likely its good and not the problem or even clogged. if its a lot higher then that then more then likely its clogged or junk. is that the first time the codes have been read after the tps install? if it is, clear the codes and see if it comes back. if it doesn't then it was just a stored code and the tps is good now...

live life full throttle

Ah..ok..got it. I'll ask him tomorrow if we can run it again. The tps is probably a left over from last month. As for the injectors...now im worried about them. They were all the same noise wise...but definitly not as loud as the one I just watched on you tube. Truck runs good, but is it possible that all 8 are weak? or maybe im just paranoid?

Latest posts

Members online