A little update on my truck...

jdgleason

Reaction score
buick is still race ready.

LOL Hahahaha!!! I'm laughing so hard lol

Annnnnyyway..... We had a little sadness over the weekend. Had some nitrous issues at the track, so I didn't do anything cool or consistent there, then on the way home Nathannial and I had some fun on the highway. Pulled up to a light and noticed that the truck was shaking a bit and smoking a little as well. No codes until I restarted it, and it threw a couple codes for cylinder 2 and 1 for cylinder 7.

Nathannial helped me pull it apart Sunday and we found piston #2 looking like beef jerky.

Soooo...... Built motors are cool, right? Lol

gman1

Reaction score

Annnnnyyway..... We had a little sadness over the weekend. Had some nitrous issues at the track, so I didn't do anything cool or consistent there, then on the way home Nathannial and I had some fun on the highway. Pulled up to a light and noticed that the truck was shaking a bit and smoking a little as well. No codes until I restarted it, and it threw a couple codes for cylinder 2 and 1 for cylinder 7.

Nathannial helped me pull it apart Sunday and we found piston #2 looking like beef jerky.

Not sure. Wish I could tell you LOL.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

Baller !!!

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
That sucks but after watching your videos of you "blowing your horn" on the highway on Instagram, I'm not surprised lol.

Sent from a Cummins plant, driving a Powerstroke, with a TDI on the side!

Badland

Reaction score
That sucks but after watching your videos of you "blowing your horn" on the highway on Instagram, I'm not surprised lol.

Sent from a Cummins plant, driving a Powerstroke, with a TDI on the side!

Yeah those videos were pretty cool

Looked like your truck was pulling hard when you honked at him lol

jdgleason

Reaction score
I wasn't really even upset honestly. That motor owed me nothing, and I didn't really expect it to live. I was really hoping it had another year in it, but it is what it is.

Turbo situation is up in the air right now... All is going to depend on funds and how the motor goes. It'll get bigger chargers, just not sure exactly which ones yet.

RedRice589

Reaction score
I wasn't really even upset honestly. That motor owed me nothing, and I didn't really expect it to live. I was really hoping it had another year in it, but it is what it is.

Turbo situation is up in the air right now... All is going to depend on funds and how the motor goes. It'll get bigger chargers, just not sure exactly which ones yet.

So how were the gaskets since you never pulled the heads off?

jdgleason

Reaction score
Haven't pulled the heads yet. Truck still has never puked a drop.

I'm hoping they are fine, since I'm planning to reuse them.

😜

alradco

Reaction score

how's the saying go? Build it, race it, break it, repeat?

Taylor D

Reaction score

Dang hate to hear it but at least you got alot of use out of it.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online