A little update on my truck...

jdgleason

Reaction score
What a day. Definitely found more damage than we expected

:whs:

Heads are not in good shape lol.

Looks like one valve failed and may have caused the melted piston issue... It sucks, but it is what it is!

ana9e6yr.jpg

Thanks again to Nathannial for all the help. I always learn a ton from him when I get to work with him and today was no different. For being as unmotivated as we both were, we had the cab up in a little less than an hour and a half. Stopped for lunch and dinner and still had the motor torn down and all the parts cleaned up and the shop mopped 3 times by 630... And we started at 930. Pretty happy with how smooth the tear down went.

yzarutu3.jpg

The rest of the motor looked fantastic. No cracks in the pistons and cylinders look good. I did swell one of my up pipes and I assume it about popped with spray. Also found the passenger up pipe was leaking from the factory weld too. Head gaskets were totally fine still for those interested.

e6a6ugev.jpg

From here, we will see how everything goes. The plan is to get the motor to the machine shop early next week and get them started on it. I'm planning on some 20 over pistons from Jared at RCD cut and coated. It's getting a stage 1x cam from Tadd and finally doing push rods and valve springs. The 6.0 manifolds and up pipes will go on as well. It'll get gapless rings too. My main bearings and rod bearings have already been sent off to get coated.

Still up in the air on Carillos and Turbos right now. I have to sort out my finances this coming week and see where I'm at.

e3eby2up.jpg

6epy4a3e.jpg

jaruneny.jpg

jenepany.jpg

aruba3ar.jpg

ydu3upu9.jpg

6a7y5ydy.jpg

Oh and this ***ker here...

ze7aramu.jpg

Tomorrow it's coming home so I can clean up wiring and stuff underneath it. Simplify some of this nitrous stuff and put in some ground and power bars to make wiring easier. Plus, I'm going to power wash all of it and clean up the engine bay.

Reality set in today that it's gonna be a few weeks before I can drive it, so that sucks. Lol

Diesel23

Reaction score
Looking good jd !! Sorry to hear but ,from the sound of it your gonna have a pretty stout setup !!! will be keeping an eye on this :)

HD F250

Reaction score
Great progress for tear down. Now comes the hard part. A couple weeks? You must be dreaming my friend.....LOL

DSG03bolt

Reaction score
Hope You Get It Back Soon. Long Thread To Read, I Had To Skip Around A Lot. Sucks The Motor Let Go, But Man Oh Man It Looks Like It Held Its Own Longer Than Most! Best Of Luck

RSK

Reaction score
Great progress for tear down. Now comes the hard part. A couple weeks? You must be dreaming my friend.....LOL

my buddies reman motor from ford didn't wasn't getting oil to one of the bearings for 40k and spun a rod bearing and was torn down sent to the machine shop and rebuilt with hd pistons, stage 1 cam, new crank, rods, bearings in about 2 or 3 weeks. so actually he's not too crazy to think that.

Reaction score
my buddies reman motor from ford didn't wasn't getting oil to one of the bearings for 40k and spun a rod bearing and was torn down sent to the machine shop and rebuilt with hd pistons, stage 1 cam, new crank, rods, bearings in about 2 or 3 weeks. so actually he's not too crazy to think that.

I don't think that's what he meant when he said a few weeks

Last edited:

jdgleason

Reaction score
Yeah ask that big blue truck behind it about a few weeks.

Let's keep this bullsh1t out of my thread, k? K thanks. 👌

Anyway, funds will be the biggest delay in my build. If I had several grand at my disposal, I would have had a block at the machine shop last week, rushed pistons and rods, and had the motor done sometime this week or next.

jdgleason

Reaction score
I guess I should clarify that Elite as a shop won't be assembling my motor or doing any work. Nathannial is helping me outside of work.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
Do you think is was a valve defect or was there some piston contact? And what happened to the Max Power X's?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
if only one uppipe is swollen then you need to put a balance pipe between the uppipes to equalize. basically you have higher back pressure on one side then the other

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.