A truck with a different goal in mind...

jdgleason

Reaction score
I think I know what my wife is buying me for Christmas!

Haha that's awesome.

Justin was saying that the pedal feels like stock only more sure... He said those Terra Grapplers really can't handle something that big slowing down like that. Might be time for him to find some different all terrains that are more street friendly... If that exists.

mandkole

Reaction score
^^^I was just gonna say... the brakes are far more capable than any load rated truck tire you'll find for it. I wonder how they'll work against fade and heat management on long grades with a load. Did Wilwood just build a few one-off packages or are they really trying to get into big pickup market?

jdgleason

Reaction score
^^^I was just gonna say... the brakes are far more capable than any load rated truck tire you'll find for it. I wonder how they'll work against fade and heat management on long grades with a load. Did Wilwood just build a few one-off packages or are they really trying to get into big pickup market?

Looking at the size of the rotors, and build of the kit, I would be confident that these brakes will handle heat and load MUCH better than stock.

The rotors are directional and the design of the cooling fins inside the rotor are crazy. The rotor itself is over an inch thick as well.

Something else I thought was bad ass was that the calipers are designed so you can swap pads super quick. Two allen bolts come out that hold a spring clip down onto the pads, and then the pads just slide out the back of the caliper... don't have to remove the caliper or anything, no fighting them into a slot, nothing. Pretty slick set up.

Oh, lol and the hardware is all ARP LOL

Sounds to me like they are making their way into the truck market, and from what I've seen, they don't have any competition lol.

Crack85

Reaction score
Looking at the size of the rotors, and build of the kit, I would be confident that these brakes will handle heat and load MUCH better than stock.

The rotors are directional and the design of the cooling fins inside the rotor are crazy. The rotor itself is over an inch thick as well.

Something else I thought was bad ass was that the calipers are designed so you can swap pads super quick. Two allen bolts come out that hold a spring clip down onto the pads, and then the pads just slide out the back of the caliper... don't have to remove the caliper or anything, no fighting them into a slot, nothing. Pretty slick set up.

Oh, lol and the hardware is all ARP LOL

Sounds to me like they are making their way into the truck market, and from what I've seen, they don't have any competition lol.

SSBC has front and rear kits now, i believe they are the closet competitors. AP racing also has a kit as well...but ive only seen it on Eriks truck.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i had ssbc's on an older truck, front only, and they were night and day.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
That AP racing kit didn't impress me. I don't think it hauls it down from speed as well as it should. I may be selling those and getting those huge Willwood front and rear. If they work as well as you guys say it is something I need in that beast. lol

Great looking set up and I like they way he went about setting up that truck. It is the way I would build a stock or so height truck. Big sway bars, good suspension and some powa.

jdgleason

Reaction score
That AP racing kit didn't impress me. I don't think it hauls it down from speed as well as it should. I may be selling those and getting those huge Willwood front and rear. If they work as well as you guys say it is something I need in that beast. lol

Great looking set up and I like they way he went about setting up that truck. It is the way I would build a stock or so height truck. Big sway bars, good suspension and some powa.

Well I'm sure we can arrange for you to check it out when you get here lol

200whp_Liter

Reaction score
Just got word back from the doc, loves the brakes even more than I thought he would. Coming from a guy that races Porsche 911s he could not be happier. No BS coming from me eather this is hands down amazing to drive, well worth the money.

Latest posts

Members online