A truck with a different goal in mind...

jdgleason

Reaction score
It hasn't been ordered yet. I'm told the green light was given just time frame hasn't allowed for anything.

Justin put a true trac in the truck a couple weeks ago, and he said it helped out a ton. Seems a lot more sure footed and stable.

MorganM

Reaction score
Thanks.
I have the e-diff in mine- don't care for it much whatsoever, I'll probably do a true trac also. Hellwig's showed up earlier this week- hoping to install them over the weekend.

RSK

Reaction score
i'm doing those wilwood's in the front of my truck when i need pads or in the summer whichever comes first, I do a **** load of towing, like 4-5 days a week. This is an awesome build. I bet this truck could take on his porsche gt2 in straight aways, not sure how reliable it would be but if those cars are stock, i'm sure a 1000whp truck would put a hurtin' on it in a straight section at the track.

jdgleason

Reaction score
i'm doing those wilwood's in the front of my truck when i need pads or in the summer whichever comes first, I do a **** load of towing, like 4-5 days a week. This is an awesome build. I bet this truck could take on his porsche gt2 in straight aways, not sure how reliable it would be but if those cars are stock, i'm sure a 1000whp truck would put a hurtin' on it in a straight section at the track.

That's pretty well where this truck is headed if the plans work out. I believe this spring the plan is to add some fuel, turbos, trans and spray.

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
From a dig it would rock but the GT2 has a ton of aero work and would leave it in the dust once the turbos were spooled and traction was gained in the right gear, very quick cars but these trucks ain't nothing to slouch at.

RedRice589

Reaction score
From a dig it would rock but the GT2 has a ton of aero work and would leave it in the dust once the turbos were spooled and traction was gained in the right gear, very quick cars but these trucks ain't nothing to slouch at.

All understandable but there's a bigggg difference in fun factor. Played in my bosses gt2 one day coming back from the dealership for him and OMG. They flat out get it and then come right back to you. Never felt unstable holding 130-150 on a 4 lane hwy and think you see a cop just tap the brakes and your going 80 it seems like. Ugh I wish I had the funds..... Gotta play the lottery again next week!!

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
All understandable but there's a bigggg difference in fun factor. Played in my bosses gt2 one day coming back from the dealership for him and OMG. They flat out get it and then come right back to you. Never felt unstable holding 130-150 on a 4 lane hwy and think you see a cop just tap the brakes and your going 80 it seems like. Ugh I wish I had the funds..... Gotta play the lottery again next week!!

I love my truck for fun in the city but maybe I'm the oddball? Haha. I do love GT2's but I would prefer them on the track or highway, city driving is stressful, dumb drivers, people hitting your 200k GT2 on their cell phone or doing make up, I don't even like driving my mint 95 300ZX TT in town, been hit by one old driver and one drunk driver, ****ing POS'.

This is the one I've had a bunch of seat time in, maybe I will be close to 750hp when we have a new track and line them up ;)

lg_tunerworks997gt2whitebbs-1_59.jpg

lg_tunerworks997gt2whitebbs-4_62.jpg

lg_tunerworks997gt2whitebbs-5_63.jpg

Carbon ceramics.... yummmmmmyyyyyyy

RSK

Reaction score
I love my truck for fun in the city but maybe I'm the oddball? Haha. I do love GT2's but I would prefer them on the track or highway, city driving is stressful, dumb drivers, people hitting your 200k GT2 on their cell phone or doing make up, I don't even like driving my mint 95 300ZX TT in town, been hit by one old driver and one drunk driver, ****ing POS'.

This is the one I've had a bunch of seat time in, maybe I will be close to 750hp when we have a new track and line them up ;)

lg_tunerworks997gt2whitebbs-1_59.jpg

lg_tunerworks997gt2whitebbs-4_62.jpg

lg_tunerworks997gt2whitebbs-5_63.jpg

Carbon ceramics.... yummmmmmyyyyyyy

a white and black porsche 911 turbo is on my list of cars to get, i think its 100% doable for me before i'm 30, maserati quattro porte' or gran tourismo is on there too, those are both much cheaper and sound completely nasty, and they aren't the fastest cars out but they sound great and handle great and how many guys under 30 have a maserati? not many around here anyways and, there are a **** ton of ferrari's, lambo's, porsche 911 gt2's gt3's and other super cars around me. lotta mercedes amg cars too. bentley's rolls royce. aston martin. audi s6, audi r8's audi rs6's. I'm not saying i have a lot of money but in general ct has a lot of money, and nice cars and you don't see many young kids driving maserati's or even trucks like mine that they paid for, or period, most guys driving the truck I have own bigger landscape companies or tree services...lol

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
997TT (Turbo) would be my choice, I love a good Bentley CGT, been driving a customers over the last few days back and forth, driven all sorts of Maserati's as well but the turbo is a beautiful daily driver, AWD, huge power potential to top it off.

Customer out in the desert somewhere
lg_Desert%20with%20cargo_4369.JPG

It's his every day, summer and winter beater
lg_Winter%20racing_4370.JPG

Sorry derailed :S

jdgleason

Reaction score
I doubt a 1000hp 6.4 is gonna put a hurtin on a gt2, even stock. They've gone 11.0's at high 120's stock....a few have broke 130mph.

Up here a 6.4 with dual pumps on spray would hurt a gt2 pretty bad. I'd be impressed if a stock gt2 ran an 11 at bandimere.

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score

2good2Btru

Reaction score
Dunno man

PSA member's 1001tq and 1800ftlb. 11.19 @ 113mph
dyno;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSeqtU8Sp58
1/4 vs cts-v;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKbmgWLtRW0&feature=c4-overview&list=UUp5t7Wl9aTInJhVg1tdZ2Qw

Looks like the caddy is hanging with him and that is only 550hp vs gt2 1500lbs lighter, better traction, 450-500hp stock but most aren't. Maybe he can confirm for us?? Paging blk350on20s! Would be a good race I think!

I think Ryan ran a 11.9 but that's moving. The gt2 are fast though.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Dunno man

PSA member's 1001tq and 1800ftlb. 11.19 @ 113mph
dyno;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSeqtU8Sp58
1/4 vs cts-v;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKbmgWLtRW0&feature=c4-overview&list=UUp5t7Wl9aTInJhVg1tdZ2Qw

Looks like the caddy is hanging with him and that is only 550hp vs gt2 1500lbs lighter, better traction, 450-500hp stock but most aren't. Maybe he can confirm for us?? Paging blk350on20s! Would be a good race I think!

Please don't think I'm taking anything away from Ryan, but if you think 113 mph in a quarter translates to 1,000+, you're mistaken.

And I'd love to see a gt2 run up here, but I never have. I'd be willing to bet it runs low 12s.

RSK

Reaction score
997TT (Turbo) would be my choice, I love a good Bentley CGT, been driving a customers over the last few days back and forth, driven all sorts of Maserati's as well but the turbo is a beautiful daily driver, AWD, huge power potential to top it off.

Customer out in the desert somewhere
lg_Desert%20with%20cargo_4369.JPG

It's his every day, summer and winter beater
lg_Winter%20racing_4370.JPG

Sorry derailed :S

997 turbo is what I will be buying the next few years if i decide to go with porsche, I know they have they least issues lol.

Latest posts

Members online